Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm replacing my front drivers lock actuator. Did the rear passenger side last week no sweat. Couple of useful sources on youtube but for front passenger side. On the drivers side I'm getting stuck at step 1 - door handle assembly removal. Instructions show a single screw, then shift and pull out. Mine has the seat memory option which seems to be anchored in since it won't pull out like all other doors. What am I missing?

:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
It sure seems like it should come out like the other door handles - get the front corner out, disconnect the connecting rod, then pull the assembly forward to clear the tabs holding it in the rear. The connector to the seat memory controls should be on a cable with enough slack that it shouldn't bind anything up. I wonder if it's just that the handle has become "glued" to the door panel over the years, due to sunscreen, soda or whatever...

I'm also curious about replacing two lock actuators - those don't fail very often, and the idea that two of them went south on the same car seems unusual. Kind of like getting hit by lightning twice... ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.