Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really looking for an upgrade just looking to fix a door speaker that sounds horrible at high volume. The driver's door really struggles when any bass heavy song is played. How much did the dealer charge you for the speaker and was it hard to replace? I'm worried about taking off the door panel and messing up the door locking mechanism or the power window.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not really looking for an upgrade just looking to fix a door speaker that sounds horrible at high volume. The driver's door really struggles when any bass heavy song is played. How much did the dealer charge you for the speaker and was it hard to replace? I'm worried about taking off the door panel and messing up the door locking mechanism or the power window.
They charged me $50 Canadian, which I shrugged off and said ok and did the installation myself. There’s YouTube videos on it

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just ordered some Kenwood replacements for the front and rear doors both sets for 43$ shipped. 2 way speakers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Keep us posted on the fitment and sound quality once you have installed them!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Keep us posted on the fitment and sound quality once you have installed them!
Installed these today and they sound great! Fit really well too took about an hour to put all 4 in. I have all the tools and supplies I needed on hand so it was a breeze on the front doors rears were a little tricky because of space and lack of actual speaker wire coming from the door harness. All and all it was pretty simple. Would highly recommend these speakers

Kenwood KFC-1665S 6.5" 300 Watt 2-Way Car Audio Coaxial Speakers Stereo

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kenwood-K...ay-Car-Audio-Coaxial-Speakers-Stereo/36038598

They seemed to have gone up a few $ in price but they are well worth the money.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Installed these today and they sound great! Fit really well too took about an hour to put all 4 in. I have all the tools and supplies I needed on hand so it was a breeze on the front doors rears were a little tricky because of space and lack of actual speaker wire coming from the door harness. All and all it was pretty simple. Would highly recommend these speakers

Kenwood KFC-1665S 6.5" 300 Watt 2-Way Car Audio Coaxial Speakers Stereo

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kenwood-K...ay-Car-Audio-Coaxial-Speakers-Stereo/36038598

They seemed to have gone up a few $ in price but they are well worth the money.

Thanks for the update and info.

Do you think there is any actual improvement in sound over the stock speakers?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would say yes, my driver side speaker was crackling noticeably and that's completely gone. That could also just have been an old blown speaker but these do sound really nice.

Good to hear.

Did the speakers fit right into the doors without any cutting etc?

Metra makes a speaker adapter plate along with the harness adapter for Honda/Acura of this vintage and was wondering if I should order that as well?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good to hear.

Did the speakers fit right into the doors without any cutting etc?

Metra makes a speaker adapter plate along with the harness adapter for Honda/Acura of this vintage and was wondering if I should order that as well?
You won't need the adapter plates you can mount them using the screws that come with the new speakers, I also didn't have to cut anything besides the OEM connectors. I wasn't aware of the harness adapters for other speakers. That might be nice if not too expensive. In supplies I probably spent a few dollars at most because I have an electronic assortment package I bought years ago and it's paid me back ten fold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.