Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want swap out a front drivers side door on our 2003 mdx.befor I do it I gotta ask,where is the plug located to unplug the wiring harness going into the door?do I have to remove the door panel to get at it?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I didn't see anything in the manual, but know from other Hondas I've worked on that the plug is just inside the grommet. That makes sense, since presumably, Honda will build the door before installing it on the production line, which will require being able to access both the body and door plugs without too much hassle.

I'd say to just pull the rubber grommet out of the door, and pull as much of the cabling out as you can. If you end up looking at a couple plugs (or not), you have your answer! ;-)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well habbyguy,no such luck.i pulled the grommet and theres a gob of wiries running into the door.connections must be inside.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'm sorry that didn't work out - I mis-spoke... I meant to pull the grommet from the chassis side, not the door side. The cable has to be hanging out of the door in order to connect it to the chassis during assembly.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
think your right habbyguy.behind the kick plate is where the connectors must be.will get a good look at it when the weather is nicer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts