Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is kind of obsesive compulsive, but I just realized the lid (fake wood) of my cup holder looks crooked. It is not alingned with the console in front. Any why to fix this?, do you have this problem?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same problem

My cupholder cover, when closed is not quite aligned with the center console. I didn't notice it at first, but did so after a few months.

I asked them to look at it, but it still looks the same. Since it's not that big a deal, I supposed I let it go, but it is a problem I have also.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
According to the Service Manual, you can remove the cupholder by pulling it straight up. There are 2 spring clips holding it in place, one on either end. They should come out with the cupholder, and it looks like the lid comes out with the cupholder also. Once you get it out, you can probably tell why it's misaligned. It might even be that the lid is aligned OK, but the cupholder isn't.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do think it is a big deal. For 40g's I want everything to be perfect. I did try to adjust the lid, but It did not work and I was afraid to break it.:confused:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
no problem

never had a problem with that

·
Registered
715 Posts
paindoc, I feel your pain. (oh, ho ho, I just had to get that out!):D

Well, I went and looked at mine and sure enough, my cupholder door is slightly misaligned, too.:mad:

The only thing I can tell you is that it took me about 9 months to realize that...and only when you brought it up. My glove box door is also slightly misaligned, but I didn't figure that out until someone mentioned it on this forum.

Bottom line is, if anything like this is like a burr under your saddle (I am from Texas so I have to use Western metaphors) you may want to do something about it.

But fair warning, the cure may be worse than the disease (oh, ho ho, I got another medical metaphor in this post). Several posts from people who tried to get their glovebox realigned made me think twice about trying it.

I chose to leave "well" enough (another medical metaphor...man, I got a million of 'em today) alone.:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same with my glovebox

Since you've mentioned the glovebox, my glovebox doesn't shut flush with the panel either, it gives a little. Since it doesn't ratter, I suppose that I don't care about that one either.

As an update on the cupholder lid, my dealer has ordered a new one and I am waiting for it to arrive.

·
Registered
818 Posts
As for glovebox alignment, here is what I did, I opened my glovebox and put even but firm pressure on the center glovebox latch until it began to move/bend in slightly. I do not recommend this for the faint as it scared me a little. I kept moving the center latch back ever so slighty each time and closed the glovebox to check alignment. After a few attempt my glovebox closed tight with no additional effort and it is totally flush with the dash.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
rvehock ...

(1) Sounds like you utilized chiropractic adjustment ... are you licensed?

(2) Blame this on octavian, he started it!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
ALIGNMENT

I too did the push therapy on my glove box door. It worked, but I was a little concerned that it might break. It looks great, and so does the wood dash kit I installed. If you are into wood trim, here is the address to the Wood Dash Factory. http://www.wooddashfactory.com

The match in color is exact, and is better then the Wood Meter Trim that was an ACURA accessory. The kit contains 15 pieces, and the price is the lowest I have seen.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I did have an alignment problem with my cup holder until I removed and replaced it. It seems to have re-align itself and it is totally flush on both sides now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts