Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, now I'm wondering if someone can help me judge how bad or good these bushings look; gallery has some extra stuff in it because I was scoping it all out as best I could:

https://imgur.com/a/y7WlB

So there's also the question of why axle and the CV boot and the thing behind it are wet-looking with oil, and also, though I'm not sure if you can tell from those photos, but does my steering system look in order as well? No obvious rips in the boots and the rods are not some exotic bent shape or anything, but then I'm not a good judge of that stuff. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Just by looking is very hard to tell if things are wrong.. Dry bushing covers don´t mean the ball joint has wear out.

Now your CV Boot is torn that is why you have grease in there its coming from the Axle itself, I have the same problem but mine has basically spun out all the grease from my axle and now is making a horrible noise. You will have this problem soon.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Usually nobody looks under the truck, unless they hear a noise or feel some different.
Are you noticing something different?
You can wash the oily boot with a decreaser, like Dawn dish soap and monitor that boot.

If you take it in, to have the boots inspected, they'll be rough on them and probably tear them. Then they'll need replacing. Otherwise, clean and monitor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts