Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have it on there MDX?

What are your thoughts?

My MDX hasn't arrived yet, but it's Silver and I was planning on getting the Front Bumper Trim (only comes in grey) .....Yes or No???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Only comes in grey/beige

The front bumper trim only comes in metallic grey/beige. It is a strange mix between the two colrs, but look e quite nice on the nighthawk black and also the silver. I have it on my MDX. You can always have it painted to match the rest of your MDX. I chose to leave mine the metallic grey/beige color because I like the contrast.

I bet you can't wait to get you new baby. Awesome!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks nighthawk

you are right....I can't wait

I think it also adds a tougher look to the front-end.

Dealer I ordered from, had it color matched to the Black MDX I testdrove.

Do these add-ons such as the front trim or side flares create any pockets were you can get water builtup, causing potential rust in the future?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree that it makes the front of the MDX look a little more tough. That is why I had mine installed.
The shape appears to allow any water to run off. I have never seen any water accumulation. Additionally, the front bumber is not metal. So it shouldn't rust. But the flares are attached to the panels. I guess there is a possiblility of rust over a period of time, but I don't see anywhere where any pockets might be created where water might sit. Any water that may get behind the flares runs right out.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again

the Flares I think are "clipped on" somehow, and not screwed on.
ie. no drilling into fenders.

either way, they look great and I'm going for it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
ByeByeChrysler said:
thanks again

the Flares I think are "clipped on" somehow, and not screwed on.
ie. no drilling into fenders.

either way, they look great and I'm going for it.
Flares are attached via 3M double sided foam tape, pre-cut to the flares.
There is no possibility of rust from either the flares or the front trim. Flares are taped on. Front bumper cover is drilled and the trim is bolted on with 10 bolts, but both the trim and the bumper cover is plastic and foam, there is no exposed metal.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
ByeByeChrysler said:
Does anyone have it on there MDX?

What are your thoughts?

My MDX hasn't arrived yet, but it's Silver and I was planning on getting the Front Bumper Trim (only comes in grey) .....Yes or No???
I like the way it looks on my black MDX, I think it looks even better if you paint it. I believe it gives the MDX a longer look which I liked, and also additional protection for the front when parking. The MDX looks to stubby or short without it. It's not that much length, but I think it fills in a hole which is needed to give it an extended look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts