Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone considering installing a front air deflector, let me just say that I installed one (I bought from Tim) shortly after taking delivery of my X last month. Last weekend, while washing my X, I noticed a chip in the deflector. Obviously cause by a pebble or rock while I drove on the highway.

Needless to say, my X is unscratched, the finish of the hood having been saved by the deflector.

I am mighty glad I installed it!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Front Air Deflector

I here you Maik
I also installed one and it does protect the leading edge of the hood not to mention it looks great I noticed that my widshield washers work more effectively at speed not to mention how many fewer black flys and mosquitos will be on my wind shield soon. Black flys are the state birds in May up here in Maine.
One word of caution about installing this deflector. File and sand smooth the outer, lower edges where the deflector curves under to mount to the bottom of the hood. I put a nasty little ding on the grill moulding even though I lined up the deflector perfectly. Check yours out.
Harry

2002 Taffita White/Touring SM AD 19x8 Moda R6 alloy whls w/ 255/50x19 Pirelli Scorpion Zeros

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black flies in Maine???

Know what ya mean, I'll be headin up nath to Orno next month to pick up my dawtah at the U of Maine! Exit twenty on the Pike.

All kidding aside, this is the first time I am actually looking forward to making the trip. It will be the first major trip in my X!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Front Air Deflector

I just installed mine today, and I think it looks great! It only took 10 minutes. Which makes me wonder ... Most things I've installed after market (rear splash guards, front deflector, rear deflector, etc.) have matched perfectly with predrilled holes placed on the vehicle at the factory! This stuff only costs a couple of hundred bucks, which is not much on a $35-40,000 dollar vehicle. Why not just put these things on at the factory and be done with it? Subaru does that on the Outback. It has rear deflector, splash guards (front and rear), and front deflector as standard equipment.

-------------------

2002 MDX Touring, Mesa Beige, rear deflector, front deflector, body side moldings, rear splash guards, wheel locks, moonroof visor. 1500 miles and counting.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Re: NOt a fan of looks of deflector

jediwebdude said:
Does anyone else make a hood deflector for the MDX that is not so...um...hideously large?
That's why I don't carry the factory Acura one :D .....the one I carry is made by Form Fit. Do a search under "form fit" or "formfit" and you'll find a lot of info on these.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Form Fit air deflector

This is the best air deflector I have ever seen. It fits perfect and is low profiled.
The MDX hood has a sharp leading edge and will get dinged up if not protected. Thanks Tim, Harry

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
nice looking deflector

Tim and Harry,

Thanks for informing me of the non-Acura version of the deflector.

Tim: I'll probably order one soon (I just received my first ever order from you today--rear mud guards--quick order processing system you have going on there...thanks). :)
smile

Harry: thanks so much for posting the large photo...the deflector looks great. However, to obtain a striking look similar to yours, I'll need to purchase some of those alloy wheels, too. :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
I too thought the Acura deflector was ugly, but when I saw the Form fit one I had to have it. Thanks for the tips!

Here is a pic of my X with the deflector (sorry so dark) for another perspective.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts