Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the advantage of Front Air Deflector, beside it looks cool?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Personally, I think most cars look better without them.
The biggest advantage is keeping stones and insects from damaging the nose of the hood and deflecting some of the same away from the windshield.
There are clear coatings that can also do the same for protecting the hood, but do nothing for deflecting debris from the windshield.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm regretting I didn't get some sort of hood deflector. I just got nicked by a rock right where the hood deflector would have been. The touch up paint just can't cover it very well since the hood is one of the easiest things to detect blemishes on. Hmm.. now if I install a hood deflector, that should cover up the nick completely.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Love my front air deflector

First, it looks cool! (I have a Red Rocker 188.)
Second, it allows you to better see the front of your vehicle. (Great for parking!)
Third, it is quiet. No wind noise.
Forth, it does its job very well.
Fifth, it bolts on. (No drilling.)

Order it from Tim, and save some dough.

rflagg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Form Fit

I installed the Form Fit one (from Tim of course). So far I haven't seen any MDX in the Northern Virginia area with it...got about 3 fellow MDXers stopping me asking about it...they liked it.

I don't know how much protection it provides since I really haven't taken it off road, in gravel/stone roads...but it really added an unique strong toughness feel and look to my MDX.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, folks,
Does it really look cool? I have not seen any MDX with the front air deflector. I have seen one from Toyota 4Runner, but it looked a bit ugly.
The other choice would be a nose mask for protection, but personally don't like it...

·
Registered
273 Posts
youngsoo-c said:
Hi, folks,
Does it really look cool? I have not seen any MDX with the front air deflector. I have seen one from Toyota 4Runner, but it looked a bit ugly.
The other choice would be a nose mask for protection, but personally don't like it...
Look in the Gallery section for Marne's MDX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts