Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have an 2003 Acura MDX that's front ac blower was working intermittently. I decided to get ahead of it falling in the summer and brought it to my mechanic. He replaced the blower motor, resistor, and a very worn out connector. Now it won't blow at all (back vents works fine). Fuse and relay are good. He says its the ground that is the issue (there's no ground) so he thought the new resistor may have been faulty so we tried a new one, no luck. According to the diagram on his diagnostic tool the ground runs to the nav screen where the AC controls are supposed to be. Here's where it gets tricky. The nav has never worked, it says please insert disc despite a disc being in the drive under the passenger seat. The blower used to adjust speed and temp simply by going between 60-90 degrees on the up and down buttons. My mechanics theory is that when we changed all the electrical parts it basically reset the controls and i need the function of the nav screen again to make it work again. He noted that there is nothing in the PC card slot and recommended I try getting one of those to see if disc will install the disc and if that doesn't work then buy/ burn the newest nav disc and try to install that. Needless to say I've put alot time, money, and effort into this and I don't want to invest into the pc card and new dvd if that won't do anything. Suggestions? Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts