Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
The reason I want a newer one because the diamond grill is growing on me and I want the features like lane keep assist and brake hold.

When you mention that my car will depreciate but not as fast as a new one I disagree. Next year my car will probably lose an additional $4k in value while a left over 2018/2019 will not take that kind of hit off prices currently which is 1-2k off of msrp. As far as not paying cash, I don't know many that would pay cash for a car, do I have the means to, yes. Would I? No. I rather have cash in the bank and owe than the other way around.

I'm trying to see if there is anyone who made the jump and was it worth it? I need the RES as having an ipad is different and can't control when kids are pushing the home button or other things.
If you're going to make the switch might as well switch to something different or more exciting. Taking a financial bath for some novelty gadgets is silly, IMO. I like brake hold on my 2018 but I hate lane keep assist. Unless the car can drive itself I see no need for that feature at all. The grill, yes, it does look better on 2017+ models but definitely not worth switching the car for. Your car will depreciate next year but you'll also pay down some principal too, so you'll still have somewhat same amount of equity to play with. You can score an excellent deal on new leftovers, just have to do your due diligence. I was able to get $8250 off MSRP on new 2018, some claim that they've got close to $10,000 off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well first of all I suggest the '19.

I drive a '14 MDX SH-AWD Tech Pkg with 47k miles on it and have had no payments in 5 years. I was just itching for something new.

I went to my dealer the other day to drive the new RDX vs MDX (Advance in both). The new RDX is very impressive for a turbo 4. My fav features on that were the heads up display and the panoramic sunroof. Can't get those in the MDX. After owning my MDX I was not willing to downsize to the RDX. I've been using with the same dealership and sales mgr for 12 years. Everything I've read about the 4th gen MDX says Acura is being very quiet about the release. My guy assures me the 4th gen won't come out until the 2021 model.

Anyway, I bought a '19 MDX Advance. Sticker was 60109, I paid 56,600. I also got 23.000 for my '14.

Once they locate the color combo I want I'm sure I'll be happy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Word to the wise: Wait. The ZF9 transmission would be a deal breaker for me. The 6-speed is far superior. Also, the rate of depreciation slows as time progresses.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Well first of all I suggest the '19.

I drive a '14 MDX SH-AWD Tech Pkg with 47k miles on it and have had no payments in 5 years. I was just itching for something new.

I went to my dealer the other day to drive the new RDX vs MDX (Advance in both). The new RDX is very impressive for a turbo 4. My fav features on that were the heads up display and the panoramic sunroof. Can't get those in the MDX. After owning my MDX I was not willing to downsize to the RDX. I've been using with the same dealership and sales mgr for 12 years. Everything I've read about the 4th gen MDX says Acura is being very quiet about the release. My guy assures me the 4th gen won't come out until the 2021 model.

Anyway, I bought a '19 MDX Advance. Sticker was 60109, I paid 56,600. I also got 23.000 for my '14.

Once they locate the color combo I want I'm sure I'll be happy.
I heard 2020 was the 4th generation. We will see.

·
Registered
695 Posts
“If I NEEDED a new vehicle, then I'd buy the 2019. For example, if my 2017 was stolen/totaled. However, it does NOT make fiscal sense to trade-in a working 3rd gen MDX for another 3rd gen. I would absolutely wait for the 4th gen.”

I totally agree with this logic...

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
“If I NEEDED a new vehicle, then I'd buy the 2019. For example, if my 2017 was stolen/totaled. However, it does NOT make fiscal sense to trade-in a working 3rd gen MDX for another 3rd gen. I would absolutely wait for the 4th gen.”

I totally agree with this logic...
I traded in a 2014 for a 2017. I don’t understand all this talk about making fiscal sense. It almost never makes fiscal sense. That’s never stopped me.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts