Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local Acura dealer and they said they only provided loaners for service that they need to order a part for. What has been the case for you guys with your dealer?

1. No Loaner
2. Yes, Only when the dealer had to order parts
3. Yes, Cause you bought the car from them
4. Yes, Only for Warannty work
5. Yes, All the time!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I can only say if my service/repair needs to take more than 2 hours. Then the service department will give me a loaner car.

I got loaner car twice. first time was dealer need to order the part and another time was couple hours service.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Our Benz dealer (and I believe all MB dealers) provide loaner cars whenever your car is in for service - for as long as you own the car. :29: Doesn't matter if it's a $30K or >$100K car, new or 10+ years old. Plus MB (and some other manufacturers) now offer free scheduled maintenance for the first two years. Yes, I know we're paying for these benefits, but hey - last time I checked, Acura wasn't giving away the MDX's!! (And if the Acura/Honda remains as trouble free as they say, then it surely won't cost them much to provide a $20 loaner car for a day or two.)

The loaner car was one requirement when we bought the X from our dealer and would have been a deal breaker. Haven't had the car in for service yet, but will need to make appointment and for any service more than an hour, will receive a loaner car.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Don't know -- never asked, but all waits so far (almost 18 months ownership) have been two hours or less.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey jkim357,
Tell them thier policy is unacceptable. I get a loaner everytime I take my baby in. Even from other Acura dealers in my area. Speak to your sales rep, the manager and if need be the owner!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Our dealer said only if it's a major service, they will issue loaner cars and only if we request it in advance.

They said no loaner cars for oil changes and warranty work.

They do shuttle dropoffs in the morning but I found that they do not do pickups after 2pm. :3:

This is Sunnyvale Acura. Probably will never use them again because I can't get back to pickup my car even in the area.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
MDXdogmom said:
Our Benz dealer (and I believe all MB dealers) provide loaner cars whenever your car is in for service -
MB's loaner policy is a bit scattershot, there is no corporate standard. E.g. I've read complaints from Boston-area owners where many of the dealerships do not provide loaners. Many other dealerships provide free rentals through Enterprise, sometimes with low-end vehicles. And then finally, some MB owners are quite fortunate to get MB loaners all the time, including E-class vehicles that are more expensive their their M-classes.

Scheduled maintenance for four years is now standard with MB, though it is based on the computer deciding when it's time for service. Brake pads not included.

Lexus seems to be really good on loaners.

My Acura dealer will provide loaners, even for oil changes, provided you set up the appointment in advance for a time when they have reservations available. They're not as accommodating if you didn't buy the vehicle there, however -- then I think loaners are usually only for warranty work and bigger jobs.

The loaners are nothing fancy, a four-door Integra or a low-end RSX. Would be nice if they provided at least TL's for loaners.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
For the most part we get a loaner car ...

... whenever we need it. As a general rule a 1 hour oil change does not warrant a loaner car, but a half day (or longer) service will.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Most of the time. Even when I get oil changed if they can't get to it right away.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The three times I left the car with the dealer from whom I purchased it I was given a loaner. First time there was what I considered a big problem the day after I got the X and they pulled a brand new TL off the lot--I had it for three days. Second time was for the 7500 mile service and they said they were out of loaners and rented me a car at their expense from the on site Enterprise car rental. Third time was warranty work to replace headlights and they gave me a RSX for 1 day. Most customers looked to be waiting for the shuttle. I have a feeling they are doing this while we are in the "honeymoon" period and at some point they will make me take the shuttle too.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Most of the time but you have to make an appointment first and it has to be for service that takes a while (ie > 1 hrs).

I have found it easier to take it in and wait instead. I set up camp in their waiting room. I plug my notebook into the wall, my phone into their courtesy phone line for inet access and use my cell. Plus I eat their donuts and read their paper. They are more than happy to get me out of there faster then.:D

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts