Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...don't know if this has been discussed here before, but there is a clear plastic film over the foglight and cruise control buttons on the lower left of the dash. If you didn't know it was there you probably wouldn't even notice it. I learned this from my days on the CR-V forum as the similar cruise and foglight buttons on the CR-V also have this clear plastic film on top. So today when I went to turn off my fog lights I wondered if the MDX buttons had the same film and so I carefully picked at the corner with my fingernail. Voila! The plastic film peeled right off revealing a nicer looing black button that more closely matches the sunroof buttons in appearance. Same thing with the main cruise control button :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
octavian said:
Why do you think it was put there in the first place?
I think the concensus on the CR-V board was that it is used to protect the button's finish from scratches during the manufacturing process. Over time, the plastic film tends to become discolored and/or can begin to peel at the edges by itself. I think that's how the CR-Ver discovered it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Gator, yeah, that's what I thought....similar to the plastic covering on things like cell phone displays.....I had my plastic cover on for 3 months before I realized it was there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts