Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our 2012 Tech since the beginning of Februaryand have put 5000 miles on it (wife's car). Here are some of my observations.
1. It is very comfortable, the AC is awesome, and it is alot of fun to drive for an SUV. I really like being able to put the windowsdown with the remote. It lets the Savannah heat out before getting in the car.
2. I was hoping that the fuel economy would be a little better.I have averaged 19.5 mpg, with my best tank being 22 mpg and my worst being 17mpg. It is about the same mileage as my old Silverado.
3. There is a small clunk first thing in the morning thefirst few times I turn the steering wheel. I assume that this is the frontstrut hats. My Ridgeline had the same noise.
4. The exterior door handles and vertical black trim on thedoors seems very cheap. They rattle when the doors are closed. I hope to getthem all replaced under my CPO warranty.
5. Most of the interior materials seem to be good qualityexcept that the wood trim looks cheap.
6. I am a little concerned with the overall quality of thecar and with the oil burning issue. It doesn't seem to be built as well as theother Hondas that I have owned. I have been checking the oil level and it isslowly going down.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have put 105k on our 2011 Advance. I changed the timing belt, water pump, idler pulley, drive belt tensioner and drive belt on it last week. That is the ONLY thing outside of brakes, tires and fluid/filter changes I have had to feed it. Not one single warranty visit. All Honda engines with VTEC consume some oil in my experience (S2000, Prelude, Integra, RSX, Civic, Accord, Ridgeline, TSX, TL) just a few of the models I have or have owned. All consumed oil, the RSX Type S and S2000 could drink up to a quart every 1500 miles if I drove them hard. I serviced them regularly, kept the oil topped off and never had an issue (lab testing routinely and never found any anomolies)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Funny.. Out of my 3 different Acura´s None consumed oil between changes..
The first one that did is my MDX (3.7 Engines being notorious for this), But it starts at around 8000miles into the oil life..
So it could be wear evaporation rather than the oil being burned from the combustion chamber.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts