Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In reference to the Form Fit hood deflector (not the Acura one), the "Bumpons" that must be installed on the hood - are the Bumpons to be glued to the hood? and if yes, will can it be easily removed (with no paint damage) at later time if I decide not have the deflector any more. Or it is permanent?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yes and yes.

The FormFit deflector is a great product. IMHO, no other single accessory adds more spunk to the look of my 'X.

If you do a search on FormFit or deflector, you'll see lots of other comments, questions and hints. Well worth the time.

--Marne

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just installed.

Hi, I have just finished installed my black powered manik front bar and tail light guard.
It looks great and also easy to install.
I will send pictures soon.:cool: :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Jan02, yes the bumps are "glued" onto the hood via special self-stick 3M adhesive. They are supposed to come off without any damage to the paint whatsoever. Haven't tried it yet though...I am enjoying my deflector too much.:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Has anyone installed the formfit deflector on a dark colored MDX and are there any photos in gallery. Also was web site to order them mentioned previously and how much., Thanks again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
MDX_Jan02------- Yes, those rubbery "gumballs" stick onto your hood. Don't worry about them ruining your paint job.... they won't. All you have to do to move them is heat 'em up with a hair dryer and twist loose. Do NOT put them on the inside of the deflector itself. When we bought ours from Tim, the package even had a warning against doing so.

The Formfit hood deflector is really the way to go. Word is that the one from Acura is dark green (Eeewww! What were they thinking?!) and its top curve is more pronounced, whereas the Formfit conforms nicely to the lines of the MDX's hood and is a neutral dark smoke color.

The only thing you have to remember (other than putting the bumpers on the hood) is to line up the screw holes carefully. It took us about 20 minutes or less to install ours, and now, as our teenaged son would say, our 2002 SS MDX looks "pimp!"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Words--- Thx for the info.

I installed it last night, and yes, it will easy to install (around 30 minutes). It looks great. Next thing to install is moonroof visor!

:cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
octavian

Yes , I ordered them last week and cant wait until it is delivered. I used the front mask last summer but alot of dust & dirt collected under it. If deflector looks as good or better I will just leave that on. Otherwise I will apply thin 3m clear plastic to the hood under the mask so the dirt that collects cannot scratch the paint. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts