Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I plasti-dipped my grill last summer, came out great but 1 year later I started seeing some holes and it started peeling... So this year I tried something different... Check out my color matched grill... It came out great and I'm happy with the investment.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1441564214.720155.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Assuming he painted the grille body color instead of just plastidip.

Looks great, very clean appearance!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Looks great. Painting > Vinyl wrap > plastidip

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does the facelifted grille have a similar foil wrapper as the pre-facelift ones? Or were you able to just plastidip/paint the grille as-is?

The top section of my pre-facelift grille was getting bubbly, so I peeled the foil off just the top, and plasti-dipped both sections black. I've already had to touch it up a few times though after peeling dead bugs off with some of the dip.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
only101,

nice look! I have the same color MDX......was considering having the same exact thing done by a buddy who owns a collision center. Was flipping between painting the entire grille vs just the inner "beak" and leaving the outside rim and Acura symbol bright silver. Now I have an idea of what the one option looks like. Think it will be a "win/win" either way. Thx!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts