Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just put a deposit down on a 2002 MDX. I was thinking about the third row seat and how difficult it would be to get into and out of if I had two child seats in the second row, one by each window. My kids are 2.5 and 1, so they will be in child seats for a few more years before converting to boosters. Would I have to keep taking the right hand side child seat out every time we had a 3rd row passenger. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I also have 2 kids the same age as yours. If you put 2 seats in the middle row each by the window (which you have to do to keep them from killing eachother) there is no way you are getting to the third row without moving the one on the right.

Try putting one in the middle row on the left side and one on the third row on the left side. This maximizes the space with ease of getting in and out.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

·
Registered
467 Posts
We have 3 kids - 4/6/8 - I would put the 2 kids in the 2nd row - one on the left and one on the right with the middle open. Our 8 year old either climbs over the second row or enters through the back.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If your seats are narrow enough, you can try putting them next to each other in the 2nd row (2nd row center is the safest seat) and you might be able flip the passenger side seat. The seats i have are about 1 inch too wide to do this so I have to remove the center seat or have the passengers climb in the rear (which isn't a big deal if they are kids.) I guess I'm lucky that my two boys aren't into killing each other when they are in the car - of course that could change in a moments notice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
2 car seats and access to third row

We have 2 car seats, one behind the driver, one in the center position and can still access the third row, albeit, with a bit of a tug on the second row seat. We have a Britax Roundabout and a Century NextStep® DX Model Type: 44932 in the middle. I would recommend putting them in this way because, for me, the whole point in having the third row is to actually be able to access it (without climbling through the rear hatch). My kids actually get along well next to each other. We've had them sitting this way in the MDX for over a year with great success.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
We also have 2 car seats. Luckily, one of the two kids is older and sits in a booster. We have the Britax Starriser Comfy. This seat pivots at the seat/back junction so when you fold the X's 2nd row seat up, the booster folds with it.

This is probably not much help now, but for future consideration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts