Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cleaner and Meguiar's 40 rubber cleaner, how do the two compare? I am currently using the 40, but am very interested in the Z16. Is the difference worth it to change? Thanks.

·
Registered
715 Posts
only, don't know if I have used Meguiar's 40 rubber cleaner, but I have used M's Endurance High Gloss.

I found the stuff works OK, but it a very thick, sticky oily substance that goes on wet.

Z16 is a thin, white liquid, very, very slightly oily to the touch. I spread it on using an applicator. You apply very little. The liquid absorbs quickly with no mess and lasts several weeks. The gloss is more of a sheen than Meguiar's gloss.

Most noticeably, when I wash my X, the tires bead just like my sheetmetal does with Zaino....no surprise, it IS Zaino.

;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apply the 40 with a brush. I spray on the 40 and then brush it around, as it is meant to be a cleaner. Does the Z16 clean, or is it meant more to make the tires shine?

Would it be possible to use the 40 first to clean the tire and then apply the Z16? Just a thought.

·
Registered
715 Posts
only, don't know if Z16 cleans as much as it coats and protects, although my tire applicator does get dirty. I use a new one after about 5 - 4 tire applications.

Also, because the High Gloss stuff is sticky, it attracts dirt and remains sticky on the tire. Yeck.... Z16 does not.

Z16 on the tire is not sticky and if you run your finger over it you get a verrrrry light shiny coating. Z16 also doesn't fly off the wheels onto your body side panels when you are in motion.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I used the M medium gloss - and was happy until i discovered the Zaino Z16 liquid.

I also hated the gunky buildup on the rubber - i dont brush my tires clean - and now i dont have to.

Zaino isnt meant as a cleaner - but does so some.
I like that I can use it on all my weatherstripping . hoses and plastics in the engine bay - and even the plastics in my interior.

its a medium gloss - maybe you could call it a sheen and not a gloss- but its medium anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts