Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about purchasing the Acura fog lights from Amazon. Before I do I would like to find out what be be a fair price to have them installed? I really don't want to remove the bumper and install them myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm thinking about purchasing the Acura fog lights from Amazon. Before I do I would like to find out what be be a fair price to have them installed? I really don't want to remove the bumper and install them myself.
The dealer was going to charge me $235 for labor. I ended up installing them myself. It took me about 2 hours.

I bought my fog lights on amazon for $269. They are still available for that amazing price.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Why not DIY? the instructions are simple and the bumper wasn't that terrible to remove (second time removing the bumper). Save some money and put it towards another accessory or back in your pocket. I ordered the Amazon set myself and installed it within 2 hours (I'm meticulous when I work on my cars. Even ziplock and label where all the bolts and clips go to).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those of you who did the installation was there any beam adjustment required? I noticed in the installation instructions they don't show how to adjust the beams just where the adjustment mechanism is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For those of you who did the installation was there any beam adjustment required? I noticed in the installation instructions they don't show how to adjust the beams just where the adjustment mechanism is.
I didn't have to adjust the beams. I have tested the fog lights against a garage door at night and they installed perfectly pointed and even.

·
Registered
32 Posts

https://www.acurapartssuperstore.com/v/Acura Installation Instructions/2016-acura-mdx-fog-lights.pdf

At the end of the instructions, it shows you how to aim the foglight beam. There is a little hole on the trim below the foglight assembly.

I didn't have to adjust the beams. I have tested the fog lights against a garage door at night and they installed perfectly pointed and even.

Same here during my installation. Beams were set within standards.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up doing the installation myself. The hardest part for me was putting the bumper back on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My foglight were a little low after my install. The beam was barely visible beyond the hood from the drivers seat. I adjusted them to the where the normal low beams begin. North lighting is perfect.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2019 tech with parking sensors on the cover. I want to add fog lights and I think it comes with new cover, my question is does the new cover work with parking sensors?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.