Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased used 2013 MDX. Noticed that fog lights stay on sort of like running lights. Light signal switch won’t turn them off. They turn off when I run headlights. Could it be just a bad turn light switch?

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are 2 sets of lights at the bottom of the bumper. One set is DRL, the other is fog lights. One set (DRL) is supposed to stay on whenever you have your headlights off, then they turn off when you switch your headlights on. Hope that helps.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are 2 sets of lights at the bottom of the bumper. One set is DRL, the other is fog lights. One set (DRL) is supposed to stay on whenever you have your headlights off, then they turn off when you switch your headlights on. Hope that helps.

So the light that is on is the drl?

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 MDX Tech+Ent
214 Posts
Yeah. Those are the DRLs. The outboard ones are fog lights. They should be coming on automatically and you can’t control them with the light switch. If the inboard ones shut off when you turn on your low beams then it’s doing what it’s supposed to do by law (DRL and low beams are not supposed to be on together).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts