Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q: Has anyone successfully rewired their fog lights so that they can be turned on independently or with the parking lights? If so, please provide detailed instructions on how to do the rewiring.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mission Accomplished!!!

Just completed rewiring my fog lights so that they can be turned on with the parking lights and/or headlights. Thanks again for the link provided by Warzau. O-TownMDX's detailed instructions were indispensable. It took me just over 40 minutes. I had a challenge with loosening the driver's under dash kick panel. For us DIYer's, this is venturing into uncharted waters. Installing an inline wire connector to the White/Red and Red/Black wires was a snap. (It reminded me of my old bomb disposal days.) Everything went back together quickly. We now have fog lights with parking lights and fog lights with headlights. I like it when a plan comes together. :29:

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Im curious do they still go off in 15 seconds if you leave them on? Or do you lose that feature when its just the fog lights? Does the little ding ding go off warning you about it?

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Warzau,

Fog light mod. system check: a-okay. Auto shut-off: functional. Audible warning chime: functional. "Launch control this is Houston...we are go for launch." :29:

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
ohhhhh I think I shall do this next weekend. Maybe I'll even take pictures :)

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Warzau,

Go for it! I am totally pleased with this "low or no cost" mod. As I posted earlier, the only challenge was loosening the driver's under dash kick panel. It took awhile as I didn't want to break anything. Once loosened, the rest of the mod. was smooth sailing. Thanks again for the link. Good luck.:jump3:

·
Registered
180 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts