Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 03 on Sat.The salesman set both fobs to their respective memories,now I can't get them to work?If I have fob #2 and the memory is on say #1.shouldn't it switch to #2 if I hit the unlock on my fob?I've tried to reset it and it still doesn't switch to #2 memory?What am I doing wrong!
Tom:4:

·
Registered
335 Posts
tommyleon-
Look at the back of the fob, there is a note about pressing both buttons at the same time to turn the seat memory feature on/off. Probably pressed both at some point and that shut it off...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mlkeller

The book says when reseting the light on the fob should blink twice for off and once for when its on.I can only get it to blink once.In any case the #2 fob,(mine) is not moving the memory to #2 if its in #1?
Tom:(

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hmmm...might be a problem then. May be a trip to the dealer :confused: :(

·
Registered
671 Posts
Just a thought --- are you trying it while you are standing outside the car? I don't think it works if you're sitting in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FOB/Memory

I think it was a case of liquor induced stupidity(left over from the weekend)Your right! I was sitting in the damn X.I went down this morning and STOOD outside the X and they both worked fine!Now the wife says her mirrors need to be reset.I feel like the AFLAC duck.
Thanks for the advise:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Tom,

The real trick for the memory seat/side mirrors is..... once you press the remote fob, you have to OPEN the driver side door to make it adjust.

Normally if you unlock the car while you are outside of it, you have to OPEN to driver side door before you can drive it. So with this procedure, the seat will adjust to your memory.

So if you press the remote in the X next time. Just open the door and close it. You could move with the seat. :2:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks JTM!

Thanks for your imput! I did the garage door openers tonite (We set them at the dealership,but I think they were corupted)I cleared them as the manual said,reset em and they both work great!I'll reajust the wifes mirrors this weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts