Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think the FM Radio antenna reception strength is not as strong as it could be? Or is it just the stations that I'm trying to pick up are not transmitting as strong as I would like? That little radio attenna on the top has me wondering if I should look for aftermarket antenna booster.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have found the reception to be very good for all stations in any large cityI drive in. I recently took a trip to St louis from Dallas and I received some Dallas FM stations until I was 150 miles out of town. No other car I owned got this kind of reception.

Obviously, the weaker stations faded sooner, so maybe you are just listening to stations with lower broadcasting strength.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
There is an antenna amp (booster) built into the base of the antenna. Maybe yours has gone belly-up.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have always had problems with FM reception. It seems like I had picked up stations better with my previous Ford Windstar. What I have yet to do is to cary a portable radio as a compairson.

Ive had them look at my radio, but I believe all they did was to clean the contacts on the antenna. I am still not sure if there is really something wrong, or the radio stations I listen to have gotten weaker.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When outside of the Boston area, the FM reception is definitely weaker in the X than in our other vehicles. We took it to NH over the weekend and the Boston stations faded out more quickly than they do in the the other cars. We also had more difficulty finding strong local signals when we were in the mountains. On the bright side, we had 6 CD's loaded so just switched when the radio became a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts