Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I floored my 2017 with about 700 miles on it, and within a few seconds the check engine light came on and began to blink. It also felt like the engine briefly lost power. Continued driving till I could exit the highway restarted it with no issues and the check engine light was not blinking. .

Anyone experience flooring it then having the check engine light come on?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
You are well into the break-in period... Not the best mileage to floor a brand new car...

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I haven't experienced that and haven't seen it posted here since the 3rd gen came out. You should put an OMD2 reader on it and see what codes are there which will give you an idea of why the light came on. Whether you have a reader or not, you should take it to the dealer and ask them to check into it since it's not normal. If you didn't read the codes yourself, ask the dealer what the codes were so you can note them in case you have a repeat or related issue later.

·
Registered
962 Posts
A flashing MIL is indicating that an engine mis-fire is being detected. Many possible causes. If it's handy, not a bad idea to have it scanned and documented by the dealership as already suggested.

IMO, by 700 miles you should be able to run through the first three gears at full throttle without any problems.

·
Registered
97 Posts
A blinking checking engine light could mean it detected knock? People say it should be okay to have regular unleaded gas and car should be able to compensate but maybe not that time. Just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts