Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a new MDX, silver, Touring model with protection package. Delivery is August. Never looked to see if it included floor mats, I assumed it did. Does anyone know for sure? Hope they are not a dealer option.

Incidently, I was treated very well by the dealer. Paid MSRP and the dealer provided the protedtion package at no charge. Does anyone know what it would cost if I had to pay for it?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The floor mats will be carpet.

Rubber floor mats are optional.

The 'protection package' varies with dealerships, but is WORTH around $50 (paint/leather/carpet crap). If they include wheel locks and rear mud flaps, that is worth something.

Price all your accessories at hondacuraworld.com, then decide.

Ard

·
Registered
160 Posts
COSTCO sells Multi weather floor mats for SUV's for only $19.95, check it out.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
There are too many packages for MDX. It totally depend what you are getting. But as also, getting some free is better than getting none.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The protection package I am getting includes wheel locks, rear mud flaps and a rubber cargo area mar.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Those are all things I added, and agree they are of value.

The other nice thing is that it is easy to determine the costs and compare 'apples to apples'. Some 'protection packages' include carpet treatments, special wax, leather conditioner, etc, and are impossible to truly set a real value.

I'll bet you can get your 'X before August if you have a few dealerships to shop around...

Good Luck

Ard

PS Look over in "Accessories" for a discussion on floor mats (do a search). I put in the rubber ones since our MDX sees quite a bit of dirt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts