Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to a self install of a LCD flip down screen. My fear is not the electrical but the actual mounting of the screen. I dont want to just attach it to the fabric/paperboard ceiling.

I have read what I think are all the relevant posts and I can seem to find some as nieve as I am or crazy enough to have dropped the ceiling and done this themselves.

Has anyone done a SIY install on the ceiling? If I can get some help I will be happy to post pics.

Thanks

jwalken

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow-up

Sorry DIY (do it yourself) install.

It doesn't seem like it should be that hard, but I wanted to leverage any information and experience that any of you have.

Thanks

jwalken

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LCD Screen Choice

I chose the Audiovox VOH681A, its a 6.8" TFT Active Matrix LCD, with 1152x234 pixels.

I was pretty skeptical about the Audiovox name, but it was by far the best screen that either Good Guys or Magnolia was selling. As far as features, I found it quite impressive. Three sets of inputs and one out, and it comes with an IR repeater and a remote eye that will attach to what ever source you choose.

I got the screen, the extra DIN input cable, four wireless IR headphones and mini console (bezel) for $740.

jwalken

Audiovox's link

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3 Posts
RES?

I have a `03 mdx base model havasu blue and wanted to install a RES when i went to the Acura Dealer they said that they i cant do it since their is a sunroof.
I was wondering how yours worked out with the sunroof.
Any response will be extremely helpful
Thanks...

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Go ahead and continue the discussion in cdawg's thread that jwalken linked...

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.