Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 2006 Acura MDX with 238,000 mile. I have place new brakes, belt and vtm-4 sensor. I had a O2 sensor place bank 2 sensor 2 replace and all type of sensor pop up afterward. The vtm-4 , a/t temp, vsa ,tmps and a flashing d5. The car still run but will not go over 50mph. I have took it to acura dealer paid 70 dollars for the same sensor codes ran at local auto zone. An map sensor was recommended but try that and d5 still flash. Also I put already 30-40 a day in the car and sometimes it will only start in netrual. The car ran perfectly fine, till I had a shop place a o2 sensor on. Do anyone have a idea what the issue could be? Are what to start with first?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Why won't the car go over 50? Is it lack of engine power, or that it won't shift out of 2nd gear?

You mention that you got codes from Autozone, and from Honda. Any reason you haven't shared them with us?

Is the MIL (looks like an orange engine) idiot light on?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Flashing D5 means there is a problem with the Transmission..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It jerk if I go over 50 mph. (Speedometer or temp gauge doesn't work , I know my speed by my phone gps) The issue arises when the vtm-4 lock light came one. I have try everything to disengage per the manual. The codes that was giving per acura dealer was p0113 p0713 p0118 p0406 p0700. The car was fine till a 02 sensor was replace ( bank 2 sensor 2)

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
My guess is that the shop knocked something loose on the transmission when they changed out the O2 sensor. There are just too many error codes for this to be a random failure.

The failures look like something disconnected...
P0113 - Intake air temperature sensor high voltage (probably disconnected?)
P0713 - ATF temperature sensor open (probably disconnected)
P0118 - Engine coolant temperature sensor high voltage (ditto)
P0406 - EGR valve position sensor circuit high voltage (ditto)
P0700 - ATF control system malfunction (possibly a result of all the problems above).

At least some of these go through the PCM (the electrical box that's sitting on your right fenderwell, under a plastic cover, at an angle). I'd check the connections to that box, as well as any other connectors on the transmission, paying particular attention to those near the O2 sensor that was replaced (the lower one on the front exhaust from what you mentioned originally). There's an awful lot of wiring in that area, and they may have done something else dumb in the process of replacing the sensor (like hooking up the battery backward, which can cause dozens of problems throughout the car). Look for cables that may have been melted by contact with the exhaust (which would most likely be because the shop moved some cables to get room to put in the sensor, but forgot to secure the cables properly afterward).

Good luck... and DO let us know if you find this problem (to help others who might have a similar problem in the future).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.