Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Fixing blemishes on a Zaino'd MDX

950 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Homer2 
#1 ·
As I was washing my MDX today and finishing with Zaino's Z6 Gloss enhancer, I noticed a couple of nicks (chips?) in the paint. They are very tiny. I also noticed a scuff mark about 6 inches long and 1/4 inch thick along the side of one door.

In the case of the scuff, I wasnt sure if it was a scrape or what at first. I could feel it with my finger nail. I tried to buff it with the Z6, but it wouldnt budge. I then used this stuff, Kitt's scratch remover, gently over the scuff. It appeared to remove it. I then followed up with the Z6. IVe used the Kitts stuff before on my old scratched minivan, which worked pretty good on fixing minor scratches and scuffs, but was concerned about using it on my 2 month old MDX without scratches and nicely Zaino'd.

Did I do the right thing, or what should I have used to remove the mark. I guess it must have been a scuff vs. a scrape, as it appered to come clean. I havent checked it in the sun yet to see if I did any harm to the finish.

Also, is there anything that can be done about the very small chips. My inclination is to not worry about it, as anything might make things worst.

It seems when you take the time to use the Zaino Z6 gloss enhancer, you get to know where all the imperfections are on the car.

See less See more
#2 ·
ifeld, eeeewww! Chips and nicks in my lexicon are deeper than mere scratches and you may have to consider applying touch up paint, then Zaino.

As far as very light scratches or swirls, you may want to try Z5 first. Personally, it really has not worked for me very well, but I have used 3M's swirl remover with an orbital on a localized basis with pretty good success, per the recommendations of Worm an others.

Yes, being a Zaino user does have serious consequences. You know where EVERY damn blemish, scratch, dent, ding, dong, chip, crack, and crapola on your X is. The trick is to get someone else who you trust to give you an unbiased perspective.

If they can see what you see, better get it fixed.

If they can't see it, forget it. Unless, of course, if still drives you crazy.....;)

#3 ·
yea, thats the only downside to the whole thing.

it allows you to see everything on the surface of your car because you take the time to do it right - and the optical purity isnt hiding anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.