Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to be a common problem in the warm climates. We are happy ours held out as long as they did, but last summer did both in about a month apart. Has anyone found a successful fix for this?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm, maybe not as common as I thought. It seems like most I see in Florida have this problem.

At any rate, I just bought two new lids from Acura. I will try to dissect the old ones to see if the leather can be removed and reapplied.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hmmm, maybe not as common as I thought. It seems like most I see in Florida have this problem.

At any rate, I just bought two new lids from Acura. I will try to dissect the old ones to see if the leather can be removed and reapplied.

I was going to recommend just buying two lids...my 2011 has been re glued once...I can barely notice it, but my next step will be two new lids...might should do it now while the parts are still around. What did they end up costing you?

Atlanta area here re heat.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to recommend just buying two lids...my 2011 has been re glued once...I can barely notice it, but my next step will be two new lids...might should do it now while the parts are still around. What did they end up costing you?

Atlanta area here re heat.

They were $135 ea through OEMAcuraParts.com -- I'm hoping the order goes through without issue. I noticed one of the two was listed as "discontinued" on another dealer site, so I got worried. It was part of a large order I placed to refresh multiple worn interior components.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure if you guys stumbled across this video before but maybe it'll give you some ideas on a DIY fix?

Thanks, that is helpful -- It wasn't obvious to me how they came apart. I plan to reuse the existing leather, so hopefully I'll end up with an acceptable back up pair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts