Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the weather might be permitting this weekend to attempt Zaino for the first time. Temps are to warm up into the 40's. I received my shipment from Sal this week including the ZFX. I've got some questions I'm not too sure on. I'd appreciate if anyone could shed some light.

1. How much dawn do I add to a two gallon bucket of water?

2. Does the Z5 go on in the same front to back or up and down motion as the Z2? If so, do I go against a scratch or with it?

3. Am I trying to rub the Z2 or Z5 in, like wax or just applying to the surface?

4. How long should it take me to apply a coat to the MDX, including roof?

5. Should I expect to use just an ounce for each coat? Less, more?

6. When done applying polish with ZFX do I just wipe off or does it have to set?

7. Do I Z2 the windows, also?

8. Am I to moisten the applicater with water then spray it with Z6 or just moisten with Z6?

9. Can I only apply three coats in 24 hours? If I do two coats of Z5 then I can only do one coat of Z2?

Sorry for so many questions. I want to do it right the first time. Any comments from the Zaino experts?

·
Registered
38 Posts
answer to some

I'm used Zaino with ZFX for the first time a few weeks ago on my MDX. I didn't have swirls so I didn't use Z5. Read the directions that came with the zaino and check out their website. It's really helpful. It was about 40-45 degrees when I Zainoed my MDX.

First, 1 oz of dawn should be enough.

I also clay barred my MDX. It was amazing how much stuff was pulled out of a brand new clean paint. It made the paint real smooth. Well worth the effort.

The direction say to rub in the Zaino with circular then straight back & forth.

I was amazed but 1 oz is enough to do the entire MDX. You have to shake the last bit out of the mix bottle (assuming using ZFX). Remember, thin coat only. Different than regular wax. Sometimes hard to tell if your putting enough on.

You must let the Z2 or Z5 dry. Took about 3hr in 45 degrees. Try the finger test. Rub your finger across a section, if its smears- not dry, if no smears- dry, buff off then light spray of Z6.

It took me about 30 min to apply the first coat (trying to get use to the zaino ,so different than wax and trying to do it right. Second and third coats were much faster. 15min to apply, 20 min to buff and Z6 dry.

It is really the best stuff I have ever used. Easy to put on and buff off. And it make your MDZ really shine.

Hope this helps alittle but I'm not an old hand at zaino, just a almost newbie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
2002 GG MDX touring w/ running boards, double BSM, ventvisor, painted rear deflector, tow hitch, rear splash guards, wheel locks, burlwood shift knob, Acura all weather mats, cargo tray & net, angel on visor.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wlind,

Thanks for the info. If I have to wait three hours between coats, it might get delayed a week. Weather is to rain most of Saturday and Sunday is interrupted with Easter dinner. Looks like I'm going to need a full weekend to devote.

Or I could Dawn,clay,Z7,Z2 and if time left do the Z5 afterwards. Most of scratches have been buffed out with griots machine polishes and has been clayed previously, but another time wouldn't hurt.

Seems a shame to Dawn it now. It hasn't been driven since the last time I washed it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
if the last thing to be applied was the machine polish - then yes, you want to dawn wash it for sure.

and sure - no need to lay the Z5 on immediately after the Z2 -
without the ZFX you have to wait anyways - so no big deal there.

get a california duster - and if you have kept it in the garage and its only gotten dusty - then just dust it off - hit it with Z6 gloss spray - then lay on some Z5

this is very handy during those dry months when all we see is dust and light dirt.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
its great

I've used many products over the years and zaino works better than anything I've ever used. A little expensive, but so was this SUV!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts