Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "baby" was waxed by the dealer when I picked it up at the end of Nov. ALthough it still shines up real well and still "beads" when wet, I think I will try the Zaino products to treat my car.

One concern - frequently I am away from home and go to a car wash that you wash it yourself with the wand and brush options. Will this soap wash have any adverse impact on the "process" since I will not be able to use the Z car wash but about half the time.

Another concern - Do you recommend the Claybar treatment with a car 7 months old that the finish looks real good? (In my eyes anyway!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
OMG! I hope that was a joke about taking your car to a pressurize car wash and using those unknown chemicals on it. Please tell me I misunderstood you. How could you? If my X were to get that dirty in the first place:confused: I would never! My X can wait on the Zaino if I ever go more than two weeks in between washing I would just wait on the Zaino and never consider and alt. washes.

·
Registered
715 Posts
lester, an unfamiliar manual car wash is sometimes a risky proposition, particularly if you use the soap and other chemicals, and especially the brush.....you never know where THAT thing has been.

Why not carry a bucket, a sponge and Z7 along with your ride?

(Yeah, I know the sign says, no bucket washing, but if you are squeamish, you always could keep feeding quarters to keep the spray going while you wash your X manually with Z7.....nobody has ever stopped me or ever complained).

And never use anything but the wand and "rinse" or "final rinse".;)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Flame alert!

And then there are guys like me who use pressurized washes all the time, either the wand-and-brush type or the high-pressure drive-throughs. And I also use Meguiar's wax. (Oh, the shame!) But the durn thing shines beautifully when it's clean, which is for a day or two every 2-3 weeks. BTW, I own a car to DRIVE it, not to SHOW it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Man your brave. I love my X and I would shoot the person who lays a dirty hand on it. I guess we all take care of our cars how we can live with it. I'll say blessings tonight for your X. Oh the guilt you must have:4:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the concerns of using "the wand", but although I prefer washing my car in my driveway, I frequently am away from home when I want to wash the car and don't want to carry all the equipment nor have use of a hose.

Assuming the worst that it is a "bad soap" in the car wash but it is later rinsed off, will that have any adverse effect on the "Zaino process"?

Although I like a clean car, a car is for driving and convenience and not primarily for showing!!:p

·
Registered
715 Posts
A couple other points....I have seen guys use the brush wand (whcih can scratch paint) to clean their wheels with the wheel cleaner gunk, then the next guy use the brush on their body work with the gunk still on the brush.

Also, who is to say that the guy before you just used engine cleaner and drove away leaving a bunch of it still in the plumbing.....and you spray the remnants of that stuff on your car?

That's why I just use the water spray and let it run for 30 sec or so to clean out the lines as best I can.

And yes, I like to drive AND show mine.....wanna see it?:2:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Touchless

Lester123. Why don't you try the no-touch car washes? I know the chemicals are still there but they just spay (at high pressure) and usually do a good job. We live in a climate where it isn't possible to bucket wash in the driveway during the winter. I just make sure there are several coats of Zaino on the car before winter starts. We used the touch-less systems all winter and we still had a great shine going when good weather finally came.:)

Niles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts