Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought my 2017 MDX (base package) and will be picking up tomorrow. I declined all dealers accessories (protection package, mud guards, wheel locks, some coating, tints), as their price seemed high to me (500+).
Do you recommend what are the essential accessories to have from Dealer, so that I can have it added later on. If there is a guide for it already please share as I am new to this forum.

Much appreciated.

thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only thing that's very useful are the mats including the trunk mat. But you can buy those separate from Amazon. You're fine by declining everything. It can all be purchased for cheaper from websites. I added wheels locks, mats and door handle guards afterwards from Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
By the way, the door handle guards are little magnetic slip on that goes inside the exterior handle bars into those little scoops. It saves you from getting scratches from your finger nails by quickly grabbing the door handle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Sammzway. Appreciate your inputs. I will be on lookout for these on Amazon and order right away.

By the way, the door handle guards are little magnetic slip on that goes inside the exterior handle bars into those little scoops. It saves you from getting scratches from your finger nails by quickly grabbing the door handle.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Get the stuff it will probably be hard to find later on...
Mud Guards and Bumper Accesories are the first ones to being stop made, Others just go up in price like OEM Window Visors and Side steps.

Reactions: garnet81

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Get the stuff it will probably be hard to find later on...
Mud Guards and Bumper Accesories are the first ones to being stop made, Others just go up in price like OEM Window Visors and Side steps.
Where are you getting your info from? I haven't found it difficult to find any of those and they are still cheaper from ebay and people like Tim than from the dealers (even though Tim is a dealer too, but they specialize in online sales).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where are you getting your info from? I haven't found it difficult to find any of those and they are still cheaper from ebay and people like Tim than from the dealers (even though Tim is a dealer too, but they specialize in online sales).

X2

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
It depends on the model... But basically experience with past Acuras.
My TL-S you cant find a lot of stuff for it right now... Specially the Body Skirts which are like 1K used and they were like a 700 bucks option at the dealership. Finding the front lower skirt is like finding Jesus right now, Acura made a great ABS Plastic Skirt and the only crap you can find now is FiberGlass remakes which break at the first speed bump.

That is of course if you plan to keeping the car for a really long time, otherwise I dunno why would anyone ask if anything will be unavailable at a top 3-4 year ownership.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is amazon the best place to buy car accessories? I gave my vehicle details as 2017 MDX but couldn't find any useful products listed. Is it because the vehicle is newly released? I am thinking of giving 2016 MDX but am afraid may get the incompatible products.

Based on the feedback above I am planning to buy below for 2017 MDX:
1. Wheels Locks (Have 18 inch Michelin tires, as I have base model)
2. Mud Guards
3. Door liners (The edge of door seems to be sensitive enough for the paint to come off)

Some additional stuff I am interested in buying:
4. mats
5. door handle guards
6. Bumper Accessories
7. roof rails
8. running boards

Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts