Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We FINALLY got hit with decent amounts of snow yesterday and overnight, so I finally got to test the new ride. I was impressed at its handling on the highway last night.-- smooth and surefooted. I was also grateful this morning, after waking up late for work and not having time to shovel the driveway. I turned on the VTM and was able to plow right through the driveway and keep truckin'. Pretty cool!

·
Registered
14 Posts
A Winter Winner!

dmyles,
Thank you for the timely and encouraging report. Just what we
wanted to hear!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same excellent experience. We had a little over 8 inches of snow in my area, and my driveway is about 200 feet long. The MDX had no problems with the VTM engaged! I would have NEVER tried to get out with my rear-wheel MB S320 (believe me, I've tried before and it's not a pretty sight!). The handling of the MDX was great.

·
Registered
339 Posts
This is all good news, even to repeat what we know the MDX is supposed to do. With 0.1 inch of snow here :) , I can't do any test but I must say I feel really good during heavy rain on the road a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
580 Posts
My first experience...

...was this weekend. I am happy to report that the MDX did a GREAT JOB. I'm real please with the way it handles in the snow.
:cool:

Lmeans

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Re: My first experience...

lmeans said:
...was this weekend. I am happy to report that the MDX did a GREAT JOB. I'm real please with the way it handles in the snow.
:cool:

Lmeans
Cmon' lmeans,
You call what we had last weekend snow?:rolleyes: We only had a mild dusting in Chicago so what did you central Illinois folks get?;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
checking in from central Illinois -- we only had a dusting, but of course the nasty salt trucks were out.

I'm apparantly unlike everyone else, I don't want snow because then I'll have salt all over the car!

I vote no snow this winter!!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
remery--

We didn't get alot, but enough to make it slick. My son and hubby saw somebody slide into a light pole and you could see tracks on the road where people landed in the ditch. So even though we got a "dusting" or more it was slicker than SNO.... well you know.

Lmeans :D

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Re: remery--

lmeans said:
We didn't get alot, but enough to make it slick. My son and hubby saw somebody slide into a light pole and you could see tracks on the road where people landed in the ditch. So even though we got a "dusting" or more it was slicker than SNO.... well you know.

Lmeans :D
Well I guess I'll cut you some slack this time but if you saw the picture of ghost and me in my driveway you'll notice only a dusting of snow. Us "northerners" I guess can handle it better than you folks down south!;) ;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
We got 4" here and I had a blast. On my driveway, my FWD Maxima wouldn't go, the X slipped a very little at first then went, in 4WD the thing jumped like on dry pavement.

On the road I could really feel the RWD kicking in. So, the X went like crazy - - - - stopping was something that wasn't any different from the Mazima:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts