Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 2016 MDX Elite is just about due for it's first service. I am just shy of 10,000KM and the oil life is around 15%. The car is now reminding me to book.

I am just wondering if there is anything specific I should ask about? Things you guys noticed in the early days of your car that I should have them specifically check under warranty.

Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
They should do their own check of the MDX without you asking. With that few miles on it there shouldn't be much needed except oil change and tire rotation. Careful with them replacing the cabin air filter because it only takes a couple of minutes through the glove box and you can go to K&N filters and get just what you need for $40. I think the one time I had the dealer do mine they charged me $65.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
They should do their own check of the MDX without you asking. With that few miles on it there shouldn't be much needed except oil change and tire rotation. Careful with them replacing the cabin air filter because it only takes a couple of minutes through the glove box and you can go to K&N filters and get just what you need for $40. I think the one time I had the dealer do mine they charged me $65.
I just had service done. My dealer installed a cabin air filter for $43.95. That's not bad if buying a filter costs $40 alone.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I just had service done. My dealer installed a cabin air filter for $43.95. That's not bad if buying a filter costs $40 alone.
Hmm not sure where you're getting your prices but cabin air filters are usually under $15. I get this price at my dealership and online. Msrp is actually $21 and under.

Oh you're referring to that K&N price huh? That one is washable and reusable though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The Acura cabin air filter is $16 (discount) - $21 (retail) and takes about a minute to replace via the glove box inside the cabin. If people do no other self maintenance on a vehicle they should consider doing at least this - it's quick and easy and saves one about $25 for a minute of easy effort.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I have winter tires that I just took off last week, so the rotation was done then.

As for a cabin air filter, I cannot imagine it already needs changing at only 10,000KM, but yes I will do that one myself if/when the time comes. I don't think I need to go K&N for that.

That's good to hear. So far I am having a really good experience with this car (my first Acura, and first SUV). The menu and touch screen are kinda archaic but I knew that when I bought it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts