Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

___On the way back from Chicago yesterday, the windshield needed a spray of windshield washing fluid (first time in its 300 miles of life). Pulling back on the lever brought nothing. Again and again I tried until I finally received just a trickle only on the hood of the X. Since I was only 10 minutes away from the dealer (I was going to visit them on the way back to pick up some TW touch up paint anyway), in it went. The main Washer fluid tube from the pump was pinched. One of the many possible smaller items I did not include in the purchase checklist … I hope all of your shop visits are as minor.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
452 Posts
Not a day after I took delivery of my SBP MDX from Acura of Libertyville, I realized my fog lights had a blown fuse after inspection under the hood and no light coming on when the button was depressed. Make sure to watch out for that, too! ;)

But a trip to the Glenview McGrath parts department fixed that!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Mine just went over 10000 miles last week and except for maintenance it has not been in the shop yet. :D (need a crossed fingers smiley)

·
Registered
122 Posts
21,000+

Our MDX just hit 21K miles (10 months on the road) and the only non-routine maintenance was to have the ABS module replaced at 200 miles. Since then it has been flawless. Dealer service has been outstanding.

It is still as enjoyable to drive as it was on day one. It is continues to provide a quiet and smooth ride. The AWD has been extensively tested this winter and has performed superbly.

It has been rear ended (hard) by Mercury Grand Marquis and came out completely undamaged (the Merc was not so lucky).

I don't know what else I can say other than this vehicle has exceeded even my most optimistic expectations for reliability, comfort, and durability.

My only regret is that we didn't get the Nav system, but that's a minor item.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts