Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed the 125 mile drive home from the dealer. 03 is incredible! Can't believe the NAVI. The conversational style of the voice instructions is very impressive. I've been used to the Hertz rental NAVI and this is a great step up.

Here are a few observations based on some other threads read here:

1. You can't really back up using the rear camera :( It's very good for information, but you still have to do it the old fashion way.

2. It will take a while to master the RES. Hope nobody wants me to play any DVD's in the rear and listen to music in the front for a while.

3. Great ride. 70mph at about 1900 RPM in 5th. Transmission shifts down to accellerate at those speeds, but a very smooth shift. You don't notice it unless you're paying attention.

4. Lumbar support is too hard, even on the lowest setting. I'll need to get used to this. It seems like a lump in the lower part of the driver's seat.

5. The reason for the big glovebox is the big user's manual. Once you put that in there, the rest of the box is normal size. :D

6. I find the two tone interior with the light gray/dark gray to be attractive. No problem there.

Overall, very impressed with the car. My second Acura. First was an 99 RL. The ride on the MDX is just a good, but with a better view of the road and more space.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Congratulations!

pdempsey,

Man, it seems all the 03 owners in waiting, are waiting no more! Nice going, and I look forward to seeing the pics!:29:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Big Glove Box

I put my Owners Manual under the drivers seat. I hooked the trim edge of the Manual case under a rear facing thin plastic piece of rug trim under the front edge of the seat and it's been there for a week. If it moves, I'm going to come up with something more permanent in that location because I love having that HUGH glove box available for more junk.

I've never had a glove box that big!

My SS/Quartz/Navi is 10 days old, with just 300 miles so far (had to leave it at the airport for a few days while I traveled on business). Still lovin evey minute, especially the ride, power, quietness, the Navi and the new Quartz interior.

vcolangelo

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: Congratulations!

mdxxxx said:
pdempsey,

Man, it seems all the 03 owners in waiting, are waiting no more! Nice going, and I look forward to seeing the pics!:29:
Not all of us yet!!! :eek:

Although mine is do in very soon (end of this week if lucky, more likely next week...). Can't wait :2:

pdempsey - glad to hear you like everything so much, since that's pretty much the same 'X I'm waiting for...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi pdempsey. Glad to hear you like the interior. I will have mine in about 2 weeks. Have been nervous about the color with all the negative posts I have been reading, especially the member who did not even take delivery because of the color. Enjoy your new wheels.
:D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 tone interior

guru said:
Hi pdempsey. Glad to hear you like the interior. I will have mine in about 2 weeks. Have been nervous about the color with all the negative posts I have been reading, especially the member who did not even take delivery because of the color. Enjoy your new wheels.
:D
The color is arranged in a band. The dark gray on the dash comes down to about the glove box (working from memory here) and that level is where the light gray begins all around the car. It's an Over & Under type of thing. Looks well organized.

The light gray carpeting for the rear compartment (lugage area/3rd row seat) is especially nice. But I do need to get the cargo tray to keep it clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts