Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the X out for its inaugural highway drive. Did about 400 kms on clear, dry roads. Only have 850 kms on the vehicle, so kept it to around 110 km, tops.

Impressions:

. mileage was pretty good for new vehicle (10.2L/100km)

. cabin was quite quiet. Very little wind or traffic noise getting through.

. Bose stereo was great. Between the drive and the tunes, the 4 hour round trip just flew by.

. didn't really accelerate to merge or pass, so can't comment on the X's get up and go.

. got quite a few looks from passersby. Even got a thumbs up from a LEXUS RX driver.

. still trying to get that "ultimate" seat positon. Nice ride, just haven't found the Nirvana seating position yet. It will come.

Over-all, a very, very, enjoyable ride. Now just have to clean all that salt off the vehicle.:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your MDX

Welcome to the board fellow Canuck!

If your VIN ends in 1464, I've got a funny story for you. Let me know.

I think you'll find this forum extremely informative and helpful. Happy MDXing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well my vin is 1469.

You can still tell me the story if you like!

Do you know if there are other London area owners on this site?

Also, have you considered the headlamp replacements that people seem to do?

Cdn-Mdx_owner

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE: VIN NUMBER

Well come to think of it, it could have been your VIN number relating to this story, if you had the undercoating done at Buffers.

The day I was to pick up my X, I had made arrangements to go to Buffers to pay for the undercoating. Bob (owner) said no problem, with payment that day and as a matter of fact he would keep the X in his shop overnite. (the evening prior to my scheduled delivery)

On delivery day I show up at Buffers to pay for the undercoating and there is an 02 SS MDX with side bars sitting out front of his shop. Thinking it was ours, we pulled up beside it and realized there was mud, dirt and dust all over it. My wife and I stared at it (and each other) in amazement, thinking that this was not a good start to ACURA service. It was only when we looked at the Vin # that we realized we had a twin MDX, waiting to be undercoated.

We walked next door to Acura, to find our shiny, new MDX sitting in the bay, waiting for our first look. We both heaved a big sigh of relief and had a good chuckle over the perceived mix up.

So, to make a long story short, we may have seen your X, at its' worst.

:rolleyes:

Re lights: I find with the low beams and fogs on simultaneously, the lighting is above expectations. No need for Xenon lights from my perspective.

Re other MDXers: No active Londoners on the board that I know of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Likely was my x you saw.

I had it undercoated through Acura West. Expect they had it done elsewhere.

Have sport bars and rear mud guards as well as undercoating, otherwise stock..

How do you like the cargo liner?

I am thinking of buying the cargo net online. It is about 37 US and would be much less than the dealer wants.

As for lights, I tend to run with both fog and lows on as well.

So far quite happy with the vehicle.

Took it to Toronto weekend before last and mileage peaked at 8.7 l/km on trip down. Must have had a tail wind as return was in high 9's. DId push it more on the way back as well. 110 to 120 vs 105.

Have you any plans to add further options and why did you take the extended warranty?

CMO
;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Questions

Re questions:

Cargo tray is great. Don't use the 3rd seat all that often, so the tray really comes in handy when loading things.

Extended warranty: I intend to keep the MDX for years to come. Felt that warranty was a good investment, based on potential problems up to six years out. Should I change my mind and sell the vehicle, the warranty is transferable, which would be a nice value add to the next buyer. I think I could recover most of my initial outlay in the resale price. But honestly, I intend to keep this vehicle for a long time.

Other options: I am happy with the way the X looks and feels. But spring fever is around the corner, so one never knows. Have thought of a few things like cargo cover and body side mouldings. Time will tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts