Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you folks that live up north,it was in the 50s here today so I washed the X for the first time!I need a step ladder, the top is tough to wash with out one.I know you could stand on the door sils but I don't want to scatch em. The rims on the touring are not easy to clean.Lots of rust type dots noticed(on the paint) after drying a little compound got most of them. Acura needs to fix the drivers side floor area between the supposed foot rest and where the mat is.No way to protect that real estate from dirt!!I would rubber the whole area!!The bolster on the drivers side seat is showing lines already!(500 miles).I took some "Coach leather conditioner"My wife had for her purses, and it somehow errased the rinkles.They might come back but right now they are gone!!Shazam!!
Tom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi TommyLeon,

I agree with you on the driver's side mat area, it's just not common sense to design the mat that way exposing dirt to the carpet area. :) Anyway, got quick question about getting rid of scratches inside the door of the side panel...those are vinyl or rubber, how do I get rid of them? I tried using some solutions for renewing the look of vinyl but just won't go away...does leather solutions work? You mention using leather conditioner to remove "rinkles" from the leather seats, how about the rubber side panels? Those scrathes are such an eye sore!!!!!!

JOEI

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
tommyleon said:
For all you folks that live up north,it was in the 50s here today so I washed the X for the first time!I need a step ladder, the top is tough to wash with out one.I know you could stand on the door sils but I don't want to scatch em. Tom
Hi tommyleon
I can appreciate your"First Hand Wash" I also noticed that it was tough to do a good job cleaning the top. Now that I have the sidesteps, I have no problem taking care of the top when washing (I only hand wash my X-never used a car wash yet) My dealer provided me-free-a complete car care kit for exterior and interior cleaning. When I run out of that, I'll probably start using Griot's Garage products. Anyway, my point is this, the sidesteps are terrrific for getting up and doing a good job of cleaning the top.
Personal cleaning is therapy-(don't tell the wife, she won't believe you
)

·
Registered
36 Posts
hand wash

have had my X since july..
i have found that instead of a stepladder, using a milk crate gives me just enuf reach to clean the roof. much easier to kick around the X instead of moving a ladder everytime in need to reach more roof. and i dont risk scratching the sides.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts