Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone enlighten me regarding potential sources of the water I have coming in on front passenger side where airbag is housed between windshield and door. Right at top of that molding, I have alot of water coming thru the seam. I thought it was from drain on moonroof but no such luck. I ran a thin piece of hard, flexible plastic thru the drain and it came out clear, as did the glass of water I then poured into drain opening and watched come out onto pavement just behind the front tire. Then it began raining a few hours later and my wife gets dripped on and floor mat is soaked as well. Anybody? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
There are plenty of threads on the clogged drains in that area. The drain (IIRC) is just ahead of the doors - don't recall the details, but it shouldn't be too hard to find lots of info here with a basic search.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Basic Search", he says. Well, my knowledge of the internet and performing a search are pretty basic but I couldn't find much.
I went and put a plastic tie down through the drain for sunroof and followed it with a bunch of water. No leak, however, once it rained again, the leak came back ( I live in Oregon, so we are just now, June 20th, 2022, are just now coming into summer, we got 15 inches of rain for spring.. not that we didn't need it)!!! So, right now is the time to resolve this type of issue. So, once again, anybody have any ideas? I appreciate any wisdom.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Here are some threads on the subject (I didn't dive into each one, but they should give you a good idea where to start)...

Leaky sunroof anyone?

water leak

Water leak at front pillar?

Moonroof leaking

Water leak

2002 Leak Under Floor Mats

FWIW, search this forum by clicking on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner, and select "Advanced Search". Type in the specifics, and select the First Generation MDX option in the forums list (so you don't get a lot of irrelevant info for cars not like yours).

·
Registered
745 Posts
Another link. This one has some pictures where there was a leak in the cabin/fender seam.

The other common leak is the sunroof drain.

Try searching (in this forum) as Habby suggests for, water leak found, or water leak solved, water leak solution.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts