Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this about a month ago, and I was wondering if circumstances have changed yet.

I have an MDX on the way from the factory to my dealer. My best financing rate I have found for 60 months is 4.5% with my local credit union. I have made clear to the finance guy at the dealership that unless he can beat this, I will be financing with my credit union.

I have seen people here recently get 4.2% with Bank of America and Chase, and this would be acceptable. Are there any codewords, promotional info, or suggestions to make this happen beyond that which I have already done?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
SuperDuty Steve said:
I have seen people here recently get 4.2% with Bank of America and Chase, and this would be acceptable. Are there any codewords, promotional info, or suggestions to make this happen beyond that which I have already done?
I got 4.29% from my dealer last week through Chase. He said he could give me that rate if my FICO was good (above 700). It came back a 795 so the deal went through. I told him I was gonna use peoplefirst at 4.89% and he asked if I would use him if he could match it or do a little better. I told him it would take more than a little to make me change and that's when he found the 4.29% which I was happy with.

Don't know if that helps but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi SuperDuty Steve:

___I don’t now if you have been watching the financial press over the last few days but it appears as if the Economy is slowing down from its breakneck practically recessionary pace of the last two years again … Watch for Greenspan’s next meeting and if all goes well, you may receive the rate you want just before the X arrives? Don’t forget the Home Equity route for the tax break if it works out for you as another option?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oklahoma rates

I got 4.30 for 60 months a few weeks ago--took some but not all of the sting out of missing the 3.49% from Honda that I missed by 6 days.
INKY

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the dealer is playing games with me...

I got a callback from the dealership today and the finance guy said the best he could do was 4.89%.

My credit score is "well into the 700s" according to him, so I should qualify for the best rates.

My credit union will do 4.5%, which I told him yesterday. To get this rate, I have to transfer some money of ours from another bank to our credit union, which will require me running around to get it done. If the dealership comes back with the 4.2% I requested after all this, I am going to be pissed and likely give them a "4" on the customer survey.

Should I let the dealer's sales manager know this? He has always dealt with me on the up and up...I hate to penalize the whole dealership for one person's games, but it will require extra effort on my part to set up the financing and if they are jerking me around, I will be mighty pissed.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
3.87% fixed

Picked up my X last Thursday, earlier than expected (someone backed out last minute, and I was in the on-deck circle). I was surprised when my credit union set me up with 3.87% fixed for 60 months on a loan for just under half of the purchase price. Apparently, good credit paid off.

Don't hold out too long... you're missing a great ride! :2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
new MDX + good financing

I was the one that posted the "late arrival MDX due to longshoreman strike" but it was a bad joke by my saleman's who is a good friend of mine...sorry for the false alarm of the posting....anyway...

Got my (our's) new MDX on Sunday + financing was 60 mos @ 4.24% + 8K down...had to negotiate a bit...

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9504

WOW = 3.87% that is great!!! So you had to put down (and/or trade-in) for over half the price of the car - is that correct?
After much telephone calls...The best I got my my bank (wells fargo) = 5%, credit union = 5.25% & our mortage company = 5.75%. all required direct account debit to get the additional 0.25% discount.

Suggestion would be shop around + negotiate.

enjoy the ride......

·
Registered
40 Posts
Didn't have to... just had the cash

Slammerfly
(your ID sounds like a killer fly for smallmouth bass... Sorry, it's always about fly fishing)

I have no clue why my particular credit union is so low... I'm just as surprised as anyone. My reluctance to have debt in this economy and looming state of war may have much to do with it. But I am rather good about credit and a 27 year member of the credit union. Who knows how they determine these things... I did lay out a bundle of cash though.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Didn't have to... just had the cash

David Jo said:
...I have no clue why my particular credit union is so low... I'm just as surprised as anyone...
Don't be too surprised... My credit union along with a couple of others now have rates in this range...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Fly Fishing

David Jo -
you are half right.
My 1st nick name was slammer - from my housemates = i can't metabolize alcohol too well...and you can fill in the rest.

Then ever since i went on a fly fishing trip with my friend in the rocky mountain national park 6 years ago = evrything else just seems..well = blahhhh....so I am hooked!!!!

THUS Slammer + fly fishing = slammerfly.
You are correct but => slammerlfy is the name to the dragonfly i make for the large mouth though...see if i can get a good picture of it to post.

Not much good fly fishing around Houston - - - there are some in the Hill Country (center) of Texas. But maybe after our child is born & grown up a bit - we'll take a long trip up to the REAL streams of Colorado or Green River of Utah....Ahhhh

no matter of your destination...
enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The best I've found is 4.89 for 5 years at peoplefirst bank. I got four quotes from "the lendingtree.com" and they were all lower
than mu c/u which was at 7%.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts