Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally ordered Zaino! Should be coming in next week. The bill came to 138 bucks. I ordered form Zaino bros. This is what i plan to do: Dawn wash , Clay bar the car, Z7 wash. dry (kinda ovbious) Then ill polish with Z5 with ZFX, ill do a couple coats until i like the way the paint is (Z6 in between all coats of course). then maybe 1 or 2 coats of Z2. By the way my color is MB. And i have some light stratches here and there. Any comments?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't forget the Z1 after the Z7 wash. Also, be careful - I think that Mr. Zano puts something in there that is habit forming. I want to give my X another treatment every few days!! :)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
theaviator said:
Don't forget the Z1 after the Z7 wash. Also, be careful - I think that Mr. Zano puts something in there that is habit forming. I want to give my X another treatment every few days!! :)
I believe you mean Z6 not Z1.
Z1 is only used once every 6 months or ten coats of Z2 or Z5.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
many coats...

i have done a lort of research about zaino after the first day i use zaino with zfx (3 coats) and the second day shoukld i aplly the same way? And when you have like 20 coat is it any diferent do you need ZFX? If not what about the cure times any different??

·
Registered
128 Posts
zfx is is used only in specific applications/times:

the very first time you apply zaino to the car
any time you wish to apply more than one coat in 8 hours
after 9-10 non-zfx mixed layers (single coats)
every 5-6 months, is you have only done single layers

dennis

·
Registered
277 Posts
Zanio for Silver??

Zanio looks great on all of those dark colors. Does anyone know if it's worth all the work to Zanio a SS. My past experience with Silver is that while it hides lite dirt, it doesn't really benefit from a professional shine.

Comments please.

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
6 Coats and still had swirls

Zaino is great, if your paint is already in good shape. I put 6 coats and still had a bunch of swirls when I looked at the car in the sun. However, I went through the following solution, and the result has been amazing -- See pictures!!

1. Wash with Dawn
2. Clay Bar the Car
3. Wash with Dawn again
4. Use Meguire's Swirl Remover #7 it is much gentler than the rest of the products. I use an Orbital Buffer to apply this. Doesn't work too well with hand.
5. Wash again with Dawn to remove #7 leftovers, since it has some polish.
6. Wait 24 hours and apply Z5

The process takes a while, but the results are absolutely amazing....

Attachments

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Zanio for Silver??

vcolangelo said:
Zanio looks great on all of those dark colors. Does anyone know if it's worth all the work to Zanio a SS. My past experience with Silver is that while it hides lite dirt, it doesn't really benefit from a professional shine.

Comments please.

Thanks
I believe my associate Bigdog has zainoed his "Silver Stallion" looks nice. It convinces me to do the same soon..:4:

Link to pics (scroll down)...http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7029

·
Registered
327 Posts
Zaino on SS

>>Zanio for Silver??
Zanio looks great on all of those dark colors. Does anyone know if it's worth all the work to Zanio a SS. My past experience with Silver is that while it hides lite dirt, it doesn't really benefit from a professional shine.>>

vcolangeo,
My X is SS and although it was my color of preference I thought it was lacking in depth and personality. I applied Zaino primarily for the protection properties against UV and acid rain. To my amazement the Zaino gave the silver a brilliance and depth that is noticeably different. A couple weeks ago at the dealer I parked my X next to an SS that had been detailed for delivery. My X had a shine that was clearly better.

Another benefit is that dust, dirt and bugs are less likely to attach to the paint. Last weekend my X was parked all day in a grassy, dusty field while at a college footbal game (PSU 40, Nebraska 7!!!!) and was covered by dust. By the time I drove home 200 miles later all of the dust was gone!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was wondering has anyone used Zaino on a mesa beige X. I 've contemplated going Zaino, but was not sure that there would be a significant improvement with this color.:8:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: Zanio for Silver??

vcolangelo said:

Comments please.

Thanks
Be careful if you do use zaino, it is habit forming! I've put on around four coats so far on my SS, and it looks wonderful and stays great too. I even convinced my son to let me (hehe, wise kid isn't he, letting dad have all this fun??? He must have read tom sawyer) put a few coats of zaino on his rsx, also silver. I have to say the finish is superb after claybarring that little cutie,z1 and two coats of z2, with the requisite shots of z6 too. The finish is as smooth and deep as you could hope for! go get some zaino!:2:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Another Tip,

Don't use just any towel, get those super soft ones made in the USA. Lesser towels put more micro-scratches in that really show up on a Nighthawk Black MDX.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
ace3 said:
I finally ordered Zaino! Should be coming in next week. The bill came to 138 bucks. I ordered form Zaino bros. This is what i plan to do: Dawn wash , Clay bar the car, Z7 wash. dry (kinda ovbious) Then ill polish with Z5 with ZFX, ill do a couple coats until i like the way the paint is (Z6 in between all coats of course). then maybe 1 or 2 coats of Z2. By the way my color is MB. And i have some light stratches here and there. Any comments?
You will not be sorry when you see the results. I was also a little concerned on the cost, but the results were more than worth it.

Here's a great link for the towels originally from the one and only "Worm"

http://www.fieldcrestcannonoutlet.com/royalvelvet.html

I didn't use them in begining, after using them I will not use anything else now.

P.S. For removing swirls the clay bar and Z-5 a must. Especially a good clay barring of the entire vehicle using the zaino cash wash as a lubricant.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts