Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to modify my Aux inputs on the RES as Acura put the inputs directly in the path of where kids can kick it. I've had RCA jacks break off as a result and the pins get lodged in the RCA female connectors.

I was hoping I could just take it apart and flip over the RCA sub assembly but it wasn't as quite that easy. I had to solder the five conductor ribbon cable and solder in new cables so that there would be enough slack to flip around the RCA sub assembly. In this case, I recommend taking some 5 conductor telephone wire and using that. The copper version is the best to use. My first attempt didn't work out as the heater duct got in the way of the RCA cables. I had to take it back apart and situate the RCA assembly at an angle to clear the heater ducts. I also drilled a small hole through the center console to run the AV cable.

No more clunky DVD's to carry around. The media player I got can play 64gb usb drives now, so roughly 80 full length movies at my disposal on one thumb drive.

I plan on later dissecting the IR receiver for the remote and locating it remotely in the rear console so my kids could operate it without opening up the center console.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great job!! any pictures from the second row looking at how it looks now that you moved the connector locations?
I can get some but it looks exactly the same minus the RCA's poking through the 3 holes. I will eventually get 3 appropriately sized rubber grommets to fill the hole.

I also took off the condom caps off the 3 headphone output lighting to increase the lighting.

·
Registered
54 Posts
^^ ok yea the picture request was mainly what i was wondering...what you did with them gone...grommets is the way i would go too to make it clean. good job overall, i'll have to keep this in mind when i get to that point in life!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts