Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replaced the following items

1. Front and rear sway bar bushings (OE)
2. Front end links with MOOG (again with a warranty replacement part)

I am happy the problem is solved with less expensive parts and relatively easy DIY. My ADS shocks are still working great and the ride is quiet and firm now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Mine are going strong! the ones in my TL-S are also solid and I have around 7 years with them.

·
Registered
173 Posts

I am happy the problem is solved with less expensive parts and relatively easy DIY. My ADS shocks are still working great and the ride is quiet and firm now.

Can you post the part numbers? I’ve got some clunkin going on I’d like to address.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Can you post the part numbers? I’ve got some clunkin going on I’d like to address.

Sway bar end links MOOG K750124 from rockauto $23 each

The sway bushings part number is depending on your trim. Mine is Advanced :
52306-STX-A12 Bush, Rear Stabilizer Holder $10.46 2 $20.92

51306-STX-A12 Bush, Front Stabilizer Holder $4.78 2 $9.56

93402-10020-08 Bolt-Washer (10X20) $1.16 4 $4.64 you need a few of these bolts for the bracket that hold the sway bar bushing just in case the old ones is rusted. I only need 4 pieces for the rear because they are all rusted. The bolts on the front still look pretty good. I could had replaced them all because they are cheap and it is a good insurance.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Am having same clunking noise. My moogs seems to be moving around. Are they supposed to have side to side play? Why I ask is because on one side I could move the sway bar link but on the other I can't. So I took one of them back thinking that having play in one of them. I thought it went bad. After having it on for one month. But the guy at the store said there should be play in them. As long as they don't pop in and out.
What are your thoughts. I've replaced the whole front end. Except lower control arms. That clunky noise is still there. Every other time I hip a bump I hear it.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Am having same clunking noise. My moogs seems to be moving around. Are they supposed to have side to side play? Why I ask is because on one side I could move the sway bar link but on the other I can't. So I took one of them back thinking that having play in one of them. I thought it went bad. After having it on for one month. But the guy at the store said there should be play in them. As long as they don't pop in and out.
What are your thoughts. I've replaced the whole front end. Except lower control arms. That clunky noise is still there. Every other time I hip a bump I hear it.
Replace front and rear sway bar bushings and go from there. They are cheap and relatively easy to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Replace front and rear sway bar bushings and go from there. They are cheap and relatively easy to do.

Brank new bushings. I can't move the sway bar nor can I move links up or down. Just side to side and only the link. Changed bushings twice.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brank new bushings. I can't move the sway bar nor can I move links up or down. Just side to side and only the link. Changed bushings twice.
What about outer tie rod. You may want to replace those if your mileage is high. Get the OEM.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just noticed that I still have very minor clunky noise from the front if I don’t slowdown over a lot of potholes and bumps. Definitely there isn’t any more loud clunky noises. May be the front strut components are worn out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts