Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To sum up here is the copy of the work-order. I drove it home and oh my, what a difference. It now shifts smooth like butter, no more jerking even in Sport mode. I had the 2020 RDX as a loaner and my mdx transmission now puts that one to shame

·
Registered
960 Posts
Wow. Looks like a dealership that actually cares about good service. My first Acura dealership in NY (Friendly Acura) had a great Service manager, and he would drive cars on his own time with owner's permission. He helped me confirm a shifting problem on my '97 3.0 CL and got the factory to REPLACE the whole PCM. because the original software had a glitch and they did not have the ability to reprogram in the field in those days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The tech who performed all this on your car did a fantastic job. So just by looking at the notes, he relearned the tranny as well as a drain and fill?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
To sum up here is the copy of the work-order. I drove it home and oh my, what a difference. It now shifts smooth like butter, no more jerking even in Sport mode. I had the 2020 RDX as a loaner and my mdx transmission now puts that one to shame
How is this programming holding up? Ours has always shifted "firm" which I'm ok with, but it's been getting progressively worse over the last month or so to the point I'm going to have to take it in and complain. I know with the 6-speed on the '12 when you reprogrammed it, the trans would shift nice for a week or so and then go back to it's sluggish ways. Our '18 is now shifting very harsh between gears 1-2-3 at any reasonable amount of throttle. The only way to get smooth shifts is to accelerate slow enough to annoy a Prius driver.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Yeah I would like to see an update as well. Almost everyone I've seen gives praise on the way home from the dealer because they did a idle relearn, but soon after, the problems will come right back.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I must say that my '17 SH AWD has been really good since it was in about a year ago for fluid replacement, software tweak/update and a re-learn. Completely different car since then and that was about 8,000 miles ago.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the transmission has been fine since the fix. It literally drives like a different car and I'm not exaggerating, even my wife said the same. You guys should use the picture as a reference talking to your service advisor if you experience the same thing and have them do it.

The tech did an awesome job with the flush and re-learning of the transmission, they kept it for almost a week to made sure it worked well before re-turning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts