Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on AliExpress if you search “MDX GPS”. Just thought I would share. I plan to order one but curious if anyone else has purchased 1 already.

It’s not cheap, but for something that actually looks factory, I think it might be worth it....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s not 1/4th of the value. Well maybe your car but definitely not mine.
If your navigation drive is bad or you keep getting the annoying error.
I think it’s a great alternative. Not to mention you get Bluetooth again when Acura wants $400 plus for the HFL module.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice find!! This could be great if it actually works. Looks like it may run the audio through the aux port judging by the mode set on the radio but I’m okay with that. Keep us posted! I would for sure get this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the seller told me it does work through the AUX port for audio. He also said the original controls will still work and control the new unit.

The wiring harness with all the blue wires goes to the back of the radio to allow this. Also works with CarPlay wired or wireless but need a USB adapter. An additional $35-$80

Still not too bad when you consider everything your getting and Navtool sells for close to that for just CarPlay.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
For me it doesn’t justify buying premium aftermarket electronic accessories for aging car. I would spend the money on necessary maintenance items such as shocks or wear and tear parts.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
For me it doesn’t justify buying premium aftermarket electronic accessories for aging car. I would spend the money on necessary maintenance items such as shocks or wear and tear parts.

Pull the trigger and tell us how easy and messy to install and get it working.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think this is totally worth it, especially if you can get wireless car play!! How much is this thing? I may be willing to be the test subject.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Doing the search on Aliexpress brings up one that is $625. Is that the one you are showing here. Clearly, not 1/4 the value of any MDX on this forum, I would bet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Navtool does not work with the stock controls on 07-09 mdx. It uses a cheap looking remote that attaches to steering wheel. It is only wired CarPlay with no wireless option.

Also reading reviews it seems full of glitches and over priced for what you get compared to everything these units are capable of doing.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok my bad, i didn't realize that it doesn't work for the pre refresh 2nd gen models. I just got it and I am really liking it so far

1 - 13 of 13 Posts