Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After creating a stink with the Seattle District manager I finally got our dealership to actually "look" into my problem. It helped that I was able to narrow it down for them saying it was due to something beneath the under hood fuse box. They gave me a loaner and have had it for a week, but the 4th of July holiday has to be figured in. When they started looking around the fuse box they found that an ignition wire was never snapped closed, probably from the factory when it was built. They are suppose to have pics for me when we go pic the car up later today. It was about halfway plugged, but not snapped closed. To me, this helps explain why it Never died once it was started as the ignition wire is only powered on startup. They went through all the grounds and everything else, but didn't find anything else specific. It's great that they found the problem, but frustrating that after three years I had to create a big issue just to get them to look. Live and learn, but I will be keeping this car for a while now. As I said in my original post, the car meets all our needs and we are happy with the motor and driving. I know this was a one off issue, uncommon to say the least. I hope no one else ever has this issue ;-)

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
656 Posts
After creating a stink with the Seattle District manager I finally got our dealership to actually "look" into my problem. It helped that I was able to narrow it down for them saying it was due to something beneath the under hood fuse box. They gave me a loaner and have had it for a week, but the 4th of July holiday has to be figured in. When they started looking around the fuse box they found that an ignition wire was never snapped closed, probably from the factory when it was built. They are suppose to have pics for me when we go pic the car up later today. It was about halfway plugged, but not snapped closed. To me, this helps explain why it Never died once it was started as the ignition wire is only powered on startup. They went through all the grounds and everything else, but didn't find anything else specific. It's great that they found the problem, but frustrating that after three years I had to create a big issue just to get them to look. Live and learn, but I will be keeping this car for a while now. As I said in my original post, the car meets all our needs and we are happy with the motor and driving. I know this was a one off issue, uncommon to say the least. I hope no one else ever has this issue ;-)

Very surprising indeed. A one off problem if the harness tech was not on hangover that day producing a batch of improper crimped harnesses. :grin:

Reactions: RainGoat

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in the Seattle area too. There’s a reason Seattle is the one of the most expensive places to buy a new or used car. Too many tech people with too much money. If it’s not a routine thing, good luck getting it done. All services here are expensive as H377!
I'm in Alaska, but the District Manager is in Seattle. He/she was able to get Anchorage to respond :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.