Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Join an acuramdx.org cancer fighting team! This company hosts the "Volunteer Your PC" program that lets any PC owner participate in important research and development projects. Right now you can work on cancer research conducted by the Department of Chemistry at the University of Oxford. You can actually watch as your computer's unused processing power analyzes molecules that may help fight cancer, or even become a cure!
Join here: http://members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=BABFF3C7-5D18-44CA-A130-4BDC5C941AEE

Here is some more information:

By combining thousands of ordinary PCs to work on extremely large computational projects, problems can be solved more quickly and less expensively than by conventional methods. Now regular people can help fuel research and projects that previously may have required a bank of supercomputers or a hundred years to complete. The Volunteer Your PC program lets you make a real difference without donating money or your time with the tool that you are using to view this site right now—your home PC.

In our Volunteer Your PC program, your computer can join tens of thousands of other PCs across the Internet each working on a small part of a large problem simultaneously. You can help one or more public good projects. To participate, simply download a very small, non-invasive software program that works like a screensaver: it runs when your computer isn't being used, and processes projects—until you need the power. Your computer never leaves your desk, and the project never interrupts your usual PC use.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi All:

___Maybe this will help with the install as well as why so many run this important piece of SW on every one of our PC’s …___Good Luck and Thank you.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
3,109 Posts
Added this as a second system to my profile, and I'm off the charts! :eek:

(click here to join me)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts