Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search and didn't find any mention of fender trim such as is sold by Tim on his aftermarket store.

Has anyone installed the stainless trim? How exact is the fit and how does it look in general? Do they seriously deter from the clean lines of the side view? I'm a little afraid that the trim will create a look that is not really appropriate for a top-of-the-line, great looking SUV.

Any opinions or pics would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I don't think there's fender trim for the MDX...u lookin @ the Oddy accessories, by chance? :confused:

You'd have to ask him if it'll fit...alternative is to get something else aftermarket, like from www.customautotrim.com

I know Marne picked up some from them...his is chrome on white -- looks sharp...prolly the only color it'd look good on, IMO. Do a search for wheel (or fender) and marne as the member/author and it'll pop up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim's Finder Trim

Worm,

You might just be right, but I went to Hondacuraworld.com and their Aftermarket Accessory Store and they clearly offer a MDX set of fender trim.

I will check with Tim tomorrow if this is really for the MDX. If it is, it might be a good alternative to the flares. I just don't like the the flare look. My only fear is that holes have to be drilled to install the trim and if this is the case, they will probably be passed on as well.

I prefer to do business with Tim, but will check our the website you listed. I'll also look for Marne's posting.

Thanks for the response.

Just installed the front air reflector and it looks great on silver.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Ah, sorry...I was thinking the "core" site for OEM accessories: hondacuraworld.com -- and not the aftermarket/otherstuff one that he "launched" (which is really a 3rd party site private labeled) about a month ago.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
I haven't really seen any of the aftermarket site's products in person, so I can't vouch for what exactly they look like, but I will say that the people who run the site I consider to be good enough to risk my reputation on. The best I can tell you is to give them a call.

·
Registered
206 Posts
When I bought my MDX, My dealer wanted to put what they called fender wells on the MDX. They put it on all of the Acura cars they sell. They were black trim. They said it helps prevent the fenders from denting, which can cost much to repair. This was part of their protection package. I opted not to get them. I believe these are the same as the fender trim..

I believe these are just strips that are cut to fit, and come in different colors and materials. My dealer happen to stock up in black. I would guess that the MDX kit are pre measured trim for the MDX.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked further

I checked with the folks operating Tim's Aftermarket Accessory Store and they informed me that the stainless steel fender trim must be attached using sheet metal screws. This suggests drilling holes in the fender, so that trim idea is out. I can see why no one has responded with recent installs.

So, I will be looking into the wheel well trim from Custom Auto Trim that Marne installed on his white beauty. The door edge trim looked pretty good also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts