Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,

I went back today to the Acura Dealer that installed my fender flares and showed them that the fender flares were not fitting snugly and seemed to be separating from the body of the car. I got into this big argument with the service writer and he basically told me that that is how they are supposed to fit and all he offered to do was to remove them. I told him I thought they should fit better and said he would have to talk to the Service Manager (who was not there) and decide what to do.

Question:

Am I being too picky about the installation and have other people with fender flares installed experienced the "wiggly, not snug" fit? Any commenst and suuggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Offering to remove them? As in, "we'll remove them and give you a full refund", or "we'll remove them and toss them in the back of the truck"?

If the former, I'd take the refund and run. Then, call Tim, order a painted set, and install them yourself. You'll save $.

Sorry, I can't help u w/your Q about the "proper fit" since I don't have 'em.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
No your not being picky!!

I would be just upset if not more upset than that!! They should fit snuggly and to you liking!! If not they should satisfy you in every way except for that of your husband or wife! You are a customer of a very expensive luxury SUV made by Acura. You could of choose many other competiting companies, and you choose Acura. Always speak with service manager or the salesperson you bought the vehicle from, if it's the same dealer. If not where you purchased from always service manager or manager of the entire dealership, if should in any way irritate you go to the regional manager of the area and he will settle any problems. You are an Acura owner and expect nothing but the best treatment!!!!!:15:

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Like The Worm said if he offers to remove and refund, do it ASAP. Call Tim get them painted and install yourself. If not then tell them to fix it. Get the service manager involved, then excalate it to the manager of the dealer . Give Tim a call he might know people. No YOU ARE NOT BEING PICKY! Hell they should bend over backwards to make sure you are satisfied.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Re: Loose fit

I do not have them, but the ones I have seen seem to fit snug with no visible gaps. And I am sure that they are not loose to the point of wiggling:confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Left Front Fender Flare

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Right Front Fender Flare

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Right Rear Fender Flare

Attachments

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Flares should fit perfectly. I installed my own last year and so far, no problems. You can click one of my links below for pic.

Assuming you have not had them painted? One thing I noticed while installing my painted flares was the overspray on the taped area. I had to be extra careful when pulling off the tape strip to avoid overspray from getting inbetween the seal and skin. I also used alcohol prep to clean prior to application.

Maybe your installer needs a more feminine touch! ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank You!!!!

Thanks to all of you guys for responding to my situation, especially billco302 for posting the pictures. I e-mailed the entire discussion thread to the Service manager and the General manager at the dealership where I encountered the problem. The general manager agreed to pay for a new set of fender flares and have them installed....at a different dealership at my request. I won't tell you the name of the dealership that I had the problem at, but the initials are Mission Viejo Acura, Mission Viejo, CA, 949 364-1210 and the service manager's name is........

Needless to say, I will NEVER go there again and will be happy to share my negative experience with anyone who asks for an Acura dealership recommendation for either sales or service. What is the statistic: The average dissatisfied customer will tell 9 other prospective customers about the bad experience? That must have been BEFORE the internet was around!!!!

Thanks again,

rjmoose

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
????

Seriously!!!

I thought I was receiving an e-mail notification because of my own post and thought that was kinda wierd!!!! Thanks for your excellent installation instructions!!!!!!

rjmoose

1 - 13 of 13 Posts