Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this site via www.golfclubreview.com:

www.golfballs.com

Some of their balls are more $ than my local shops (e.g. Titleist), some are less (several). No tax and sometimes they run a free shipping deal (shipping's superreasonable, tho, when there's not a spiff).

Really good deals on logo overruns and "x-outs", for those of you making lotsa early-season donations on the course :) Example: Maxfli Rev 90's, logo, 50 for $75.

Here's a 10% coupon ($20 off, max) they sent me to share: TGN2402

I ordered some and had 'em in 2 days, just as promised. Wasted no time in losing a few...but it's easier to do @ a buck-n-change each than $3-$4ea. :)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
How about investing in a ball retriever

Worm,
Are we to surmise, due to your early season water hole contributions, that your handle "TheWorm" is really short for the "The WormBurner"?:eek: Check out eBay where I believe you might get even better prices if you are willing to wait a couple of weeks.

My best golf ball procurement solution is a 15' retriever. Haven't had to buy balls for a while and still play with top brands. Even have my favorite water holes scoped out to maximize my take!! However freshness is an issue since a ball will deteriorate if it has been in the pond for more than 4 days.:D :D

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL - no, no worm burners here :) Home course is very narrow, however...easy to send 'em over the cliffs or into unrecoverable beyond-the-rough with just a slight push or pull, etc. A few water hazards, but mostly in the landing areas off the tee, and I just outdrive them anyway...but a bad day can easily cost u half-a-dozen balls OB. A good day only costs a couple :rolleyes:

I used to play the Titleist Balatas or Professionals (both since discontinued) but the V1's are too expensive (at least until the IRS says I can deduct them) at almost $4ea. I will have to do an ROI on some refresher lessons vs. cost-of-ammo! Was a 9hcp a couple years back but am now twice that :(

The Revolutions (original, not the "solid") are nice balls, tho, and I'm sure some enterprising kid, combing the canyons, will fetch top dollar for mine :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts