Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to close this AWD base in Bay Area. What is the extra "Official Fees"? What is the normal DMW fee for this suv in CA?

MSRP: 47500
SalePrice: 37,850
Cash Down 20,000
APR: 3.79 % @60months . I plan to pay off in a few months.
Tax: 3518
DMW fees: 336
Official Fees: 661 ???
Aftermkt/Due Bill: 99 ??? doc fee?

Is this legit? is there any other fees? Thanks

?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I never heard of official fees. Negotiate it off the price because it seems they are trying to make money and profit from this deal. And try to negotiate down the other fees too, or just plainly walk out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just got a new car from Toyota, I talked to 5 dealers, most of them charged document fees and DMV separately, so the official fee is most likely the document fee, 3 dealers from NJ charged me $1100 for combined of document fee and DMV, and 2 NY dealers only charged me $375 for both.

·
Registered
524 Posts
For my convenience, I usually just ask them the OTD price with prices break down in details, the dealer who charged more in fees usually give more discount on the vehicle sale price, but doesn't mean they will end up cheaper in the OTD price.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Check youtube. lots of videos on fees and what you should and shouldn't pay.

I plan to close this AWD base in Bay Area. What is the extra "Official Fees"? What is the normal DMW fee for this suv in CA?

MSRP: 47500
SalePrice: 37,850
Cash Down 20,000
APR: 3.79 % @60months . I plan to pay off in a few months.
Tax: 3518
DMW fees: 336
Official Fees: 661 ???
Aftermkt/Due Bill: 99 ??? doc fee?

Is this legit? is there any other fees? Thanks

View attachment 114972 ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would also TELL them to itemize any fees. some states have limited the amount you can be charge for "doc fee". Usually its around $75-$80 but some states are higher. Check a few of those videos for assistance, and good luck!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
You didn't do your math right.
Sale price $37,850 - down payment $20,000 = $17,850
$17,850 = sales tax $3,518.15 + official fee(to DMV) $661.75 + aftermkt/due bill(doc fee?) $99 = $22,128.90 - exactly the amount financed.

DMV registration fee $661.90 for the car sale price is about right in Bay Area.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
You didn't do your math right.
Sale price $37,850 - down payment $20,000 = $17,850
$17,850 = sales tax $3,518.15 + official fee(to DMV) $661.75 + aftermkt/due bill(doc fee?) $99 = $22,128.90 - exactly the amount financed.

DMV registration fee $661.90 for the car sale price is about right in Bay Area.
Sales tax is based on sales price. Not sales price minus down payment.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sales tax is correct. I doubt they want to change it. My question is "Official Fees"? what's in it? I haven't heard this term before.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sales tax is based on sales price. Not sales price minus down payment.
Exactly what it is written on the paper, don't understand what you're talking . . .
sales tax.JPG

Sales tax is correct. I doubt they want to change it. My question is "Official Fees"? what's in it? I haven't heard this term before.
It's the registration fee you pay to DMV every year.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
More than once a dealer has given me the price I wanted, only to try to "fee" their way back to the price they offered. It's all BS. You have to be hardcore serious about making a deal that day, but equally serious about pushing them until they won't budge. They will let you know when you hit bottom. Then you call the bluff and walk to see their hand. There are holdbacks and manufacturer incentives that make even the "invoice" price not the best you can do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Their DMW fees and tax is different than what is shown on DMW. It looks like their calculator needs a tune up.

·
Registered
192 Posts

You already stated their sales tax calculation of $3,518.15 is correct, what's the local sales tax rate for your home? Your own calculation for sales tax is $3,407(or $3,502 including city use tax) as shown above, which is much less. Are you sure the dealer knows where your home is?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I do think there is some error in the DMV calculator too. When I used it in my last purchase, the dealer showed me the fees that came from the online DMV system they pull these fees from and it was off from the one I linked by about $40 on reg fees. I think the tax was also off by a few bucks. But yeah, it's a good way to get them to prove to you what's in those "official fees" because sometimes they build in a markup for their own access fees to use the online system.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yep, they know where the car will be registered. There difference is not a lot, but I wonder why there is even a difference?

·
Registered
192 Posts
If they INDEED remit $661 to DMV along with your registration papers, CA DMV will send you a check for the difference. This happens all the time, but usually much smaller than $123($661 - $538) as shown in this case.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They said I can take it or leave it. Maybe I will wait after July 6 to see if Acura gives a bigger Loyalty discount, currently $2k.

They are not willing to give the price breakdown. And refused to provide a printout of the alignment when the car pulls on highway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts